Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I just booked THE flights...and need a change of pants!!!

I just booked THE flights...and need a change of pants!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 7:16 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default I just booked THE flights...and need a change of pants!!!

Well, I've done it! After weeks of fannying about I went on to Singapore Airlines website and booked the flights to Sydney for July 2011!! We have our seats on the upper deck (yay!) and now I feel sick! I suppose getting the visa etc was all excitement and to a certain degree, detached from actually moving but now the flights are booked, we're actually going and my stomach is churning...but mostly in a good way!

Needless to say the husband is on the PS3, completely unphased by the whole thing

AGH!

Tx
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just booked THE flights...and need a change of pants!!!

Congratulations.

No turning back now.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I feel a complete disorganised shambles in comparison. I booked my flight four days before I went and my husband booked his the day before!

Good luck, make sure you make the most of the time you have left in Blighty.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you bring your woolies if you're coming in July.

How are the concerts going?
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on booking the flights its a great/funny feeling at the same time
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 11:07 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RedT
Well, I've done it! After weeks of fannying about I went on to Singapore Airlines website and booked the flights to Sydney for July 2011!! We have our seats on the upper deck (yay!) and now I feel sick! I suppose getting the visa etc was all excitement and to a certain degree, detached from actually moving but now the flights are booked, we're actually going and my stomach is churning...but mostly in a good way!

Needless to say the husband is on the PS3, completely unphased by the whole thing

AGH!

Tx
Congratulations
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and have a look at Singapore Airlines Singapore Stopover. We got a amazing bargain for a couple of days in Singapore
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:50 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Upper deck wonderful (is that business class) and yes bring warm clothing. Congrats on taking the plunge.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

AGH!

Tx
Congratulations! I can remember that feeling well Now the count down begins

Alison x
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:38 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

WOO HOO CONGRATS! How many sleeps to go!? lol
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:19 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! I thought I'd feel calmer today but I had to inform The Mother first thing and she's not taking it well!

We're not in business class sadly but in the smaller economy upstairs which we're hoping won't be as manic as 'regular' economy downstairs.

Will bring the wollies, will check out the Singapore holidays and will work out how many sleeps to go!!

Concerts are going fab Wendy, Nov 15th is the next one in Brighton

Tx
Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

How exciting!!! You lucky, lucky things!!!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

AGH!

Tx
Congrats & well done
Expect loads more emotional turmoil between now & then.
Start getting rid of stuff now!
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Congratulations. Very exciting! I haven't been on here for such a long time, I just wanted to click "like" - that must be some other site .
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:40 am
not sure...

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Congrats & well done
Expect loads more emotional turmoil between now & then.
Start getting rid of stuff now!
Oh yes! I have the husband warned we'll be doing a bit every weekend from now on, no last minute panics for us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.