Reload this Page >

I hope my dreams havent been slashed!!! :eek:

I hope my dreams havent been slashed!!! :eek:

Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

keri will become famous soon enoughkeri will become famous soon enough
Default I hope my dreams havent been slashed!!! :eek:

Hello Everyone!
I am sooo confused at the moment! I have just been reading through some of the posts and I really need help answering an important question.

My partner will be the main applicant as he is an engineer and on the MODL list. My profession is not on the SOL list at all so I will be going as a defacto spouse.

Now my question is: Does my partner have to be a resident before he can sponsor me i.e, already granted his visa or can I just go on his application form. I read that only a resident or Oz citizen can sponsor.

Thank you in advance

Keri
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default Re: I hope my dreams havent been slashed!!! :eek:

Originally Posted by keri
Hello Everyone!
I am sooo confused at the moment! I have just been reading through some of the posts and I really need help answering an important question.

My partner will be the main applicant as he is an engineer and on the MODL list. My profession is not on the SOL list at all so I will be going as a defacto spouse.

Now my question is: Does my partner have to be a resident before he can sponsor me i.e, already granted his visa or can I just go on his application form. I read that only a resident or Oz citizen can sponsor.

Thank you in advance

Keri
Are you married?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyD
Are you married?

No but been together for 2.5 years and living together for 1 year
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

You can be included in the visa application as a defacto spouse, you will just need to include proof that you have lived together for at least a year (and have the medical & police checks)
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
You can be included in the visa application as a defacto spouse, you will just need to include proof that you have lived together for at least a year (and have the medical & police checks)

great, Thank you, so I just do on the same form as him?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

great, Thank you, so I just do on the same form as him?
Put your details in the spouse section with him as the main applicant then attached certified copies of your proof of living together (we included things like mortgage statements, bank statements, council tax bills, solicitors letters and our will, other have included stat decs to)
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
Put your details in the spouse section with him as the main applicant then attached certified copies of your proof of living together (we included things like mortgage statements, bank statements, council tax bills, solicitors letters and our will, other have included stat decs to)

Thats great, thank you for the info!!!!!!!!!!!
If I could I would buy you a
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

My partner is on my visa as I am the main applicant.
Ours was fine , just remember to give as much evidence as you can to prove you are a couple. We got a neighbour to make a statutory decloration at a solicitors saying she had known us for several years and also a family member to do the same
Good luck and dont worry about it
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:27 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

As already said, you can chill out now. You just need to prove the de facto. Look up posts on this via a search. There's a good link to Mlbonners post on this that was done last week. If you can't find it, do a search on posts started by her.

Paul.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone!

Thank you in advance

Keri
yes you go on the application with him as de facto, under same conditions. My son is coming over on student visa at xmas, his partner is on the form, they have been together 4 yrs, lived together 12 months, they have to prove they are a couple, she has holiday reciepts and photos, from the last 4 yrs, she will be here on the same conditions as him, ie she can only work 20 hrs. hope this helps. Denise