Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I have a problem can any techies help? Its not a rash!

I have a problem can any techies help? Its not a rash!

Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:26 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have a problem can any techies help? Its not a rash!

Oh yes!

Before we left good old cold wet windy dull damp dark, yes you have guessed it the United Condom! Miss M had a PAYG mobile phone with orange. She has had it for years, no problems, we ran the credit down, when we left, so just left the sim card in a cheap mobile over here in Australia. Its has attached itself to the sharks Telestra, but we cannot accept any calls, and we cannot make any calls, as there is no credit! But i have left it running as it costs nothing, but i can monitor any incoming calls, so then i can call them on my phone to see if it is anything important. When someone calls the Orange mobile sim card in the UK, basically the number is left on the phone, including the date and the time of the call. So i just call the number back on my Australian mobile phone, just to see what they want. As i did not contact every adoruing fan who may have my number in the UK, makes senses!

But i now have been confronted with a problem, the smae number has called me four times in ten days. I called it back, but i either get an engaged sound or it states, well a voice says, the number is no longer in use? I recieved a call again last night, but this time they left a message, which i cannot access. I called orange answer phone from my Australain mobile phone, i did then input the correct mobile phone number, but it stated that no PIN had been setup, so on my return to the UK i should call customer services to set up a PIN, so then i can access my message inbox for the Orange mobile when i am abroad? I am not going to return to the UK, i am stuck. Miss M is getting worried, do not know what to do, why can i not call the boody number, but it keeps calling me?

The number is a Birmingham number, a landline with arae code, strange hey?

This is the number**********

What are your thoughts, its like, i am not going just to ignore it, i could have won a large stash, it could be my long lost relative?

Keith

Last edited by Dorothy; Nov 17th 2009 at 11:57 pm. Reason: Please don't post other people's phone numbers on the forum
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

HazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant future
Default Re: I have a problem can any techies help? Its not a rash!

You're not the only one getting the calls:-

http://phoneowner.info/Number.aspx/01212789133

Unfortunately, I don't a long lost uncle with a stash under his mattress has passed away.

Cheers
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:51 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HazBean
You're not the only one getting the calls:-

http://phoneowner.info/Number.aspx/01212789133

Unfortunately, I don't a long lost uncle with a stash under his mattress has passed away.

Cheers

Ummmmm! I am not alone, ummmmmmm,, cheers mate, ummmmmmmm!

Keith
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:09 am
Banned

Bless is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i know how you feel my g/f had that happened it made her crazy but i told her to just ignore it amazingly after that it stoped
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Oh yes!

Before we left good old cold wet windy dull damp dark, yes you have guessed it the United Condom! Miss M had a PAYG mobile phone with orange. She has had it for years, no problems, we ran the credit down, when we left, so just left the sim card in a cheap mobile over here in Australia. Its has attached itself to the sharks Telestra, but we cannot accept any calls, and we cannot make any calls, as there is no credit! But i have left it running as it costs nothing, but i can monitor any incoming calls, so then i can call them on my phone to see if it is anything important. When someone calls the Orange mobile sim card in the UK, basically the number is left on the phone, including the date and the time of the call. So i just call the number back on my Australian mobile phone, just to see what they want. As i did not contact every adoruing fan who may have my number in the UK, makes senses!

But i now have been confronted with a problem, the smae number has called me four times in ten days. I called it back, but i either get an engaged sound or it states, well a voice says, the number is no longer in use? I recieved a call again last night, but this time they left a message, which i cannot access. I called orange answer phone from my Australain mobile phone, i did then input the correct mobile phone number, but it stated that no PIN had been setup, so on my return to the UK i should call customer services to set up a PIN, so then i can access my message inbox for the Orange mobile when i am abroad? I am not going to return to the UK, i am stuck. Miss M is getting worried, do not know what to do, why can i not call the boody number, but it keeps calling me?

The number is a Birmingham number, a landline with arae code, strange hey?

This is the number**********

What are your thoughts, its like, i am not going just to ignore it, i could have won a large stash, it could be my long lost relative?

Keith
I get calls like that ocasionally on my UK sim card - its in a spare phone over here and I just use it as a backup. I don't recognise the number so I ignore it, and anyone in the UK who needs to speak to me has my Aus number anyway.
Probably just telemarketing - the one time mine rang while I was near it and I answered it, it was Barclays trying to sell me life insurance. Not worth the hassle, just ignore it.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:42 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>The number is a Birmingham number, a landline with arae code, strange hey?<<

That'll be Birmingham, Nigeria then? <g>
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:00 am
Banned

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01212789133

Keith
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
It's Aviva who used to be Norwich Union.

We have BT's Choose To Refuse service which bars calls from up to ten numbers. I tried to bar 08004046092 and the number was relayed as 01212789133.

Sneaky FL000000kers

Keith