Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I have no money no job but still moving to oz with family

I have no money no job but still moving to oz with family

Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have no money no job but still moving to oz with family

Are people for real when I read moving to oz with family but have no money all spent on flights & moving costs no job but hey rather be skint in the sun than in the cold uk. Are people mad or is it I play it to safe because I have spent the last two years planning for nearly everything.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have no money no job but still moving to oz with family

Originally Posted by eugene43
Are people for real when I read moving to oz with family but have no money all spent on flights & moving costs no job but hey rather be skint in the sun than in the cold uk. Are people mad or is it I play it to safe because I have spent the last two years planning for nearly everything.
Everyone lives differently. No one's right and no one's wrong. They may succeed and you may fail and visa versa. Don't worry about what other people do or don't do, it's unimportant.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Everyone lives differently. No one's right and no one's wrong. They may succeed and you may fail and visa versa. Don't worry about what other people do or don't do, it's unimportant.
Have to agree with you as we moved with no job, no house and very little money 5 years ago but have done ok.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

We are in the same boat as you. If you have family you can stay with that will help immensely... Good Luck...we are now just waiting for visa's.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:26 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We came without a job too, it was hard for the first few months until I was working but we are starting to get on our feet now.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by maggy
Have to agree with you as we moved with no job, no house and very little money 5 years ago but have done ok.
In a normal time, moving to Oz with little money and no job is not a completely insane act. However, this is a completely different time now and the ongoing recession is one of the worst the world has ever seen after 1930s great depression.

DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO MOVE TO OZ WITHOUT SUBSTANTIAL BUFFER MONEY IN THIS RECESSION. SOME PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS GET LUCKY, BUT MOST WILL NOT.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
What she said...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:02 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Some can do it some cant.

However if you end up with your whole family living in your car , someone will always let you know who to blame.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:05 am
Just Joined

BarryHargo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggy
Had it been during the current global downturn would you have been so lucky?
Personally wouldn't do it as no fall back, no benefits etc so would put pressure on landing a job very quickly. At the moment people are struggling to find work in Aus and there are lots of applicants (with Aus experience) who will be ahead of poms when it comes to securing the position they want.
But if someone has decided then they need to go for it and live with how they end up.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

We moved here 3 months ago from NZ (Im a kiwi, my partner is English).

We didn't have any savings or even have the money to get here, th efares were paid for luckily. I had a job, partner didnt have a visa yet so came on a visitors (so couldnt work). Also, I came jst a week and a half after acepting my job offer and partner and child folowed 4 weks later so there wasnt even time to think about it properly really.

Its been almost 3 months and partner is now also working, our dogs arrived from NZ yesterday, so, so far so good.

Personally, I don't see the problem with moving with no money/savings whatever...however, I probably wouldnt have done it if neither of us had had a job to go to.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:18 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Many do it in a boat with no visa and no English

Mind you they also come with out

Debt
Chips on shoulders
Expectations beyound hard work
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

I think your making a very brave decision but best of luck, especially for your kids! Hope it's not a foolish decision esp in today's climate
We could very well be in a similar position but we have family willing to support us if necessary.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Unless we know the individual circumstances of the family, who are we to judge?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

you COULD get run over tomorrow and die !!! thank about that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.