Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I have made a decision and thx

I have made a decision and thx

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Red face I have made a decision and thx

OK, firstly thanks to everyone who has helped me so far, but after a bit of research I have come up with the following;

I’m able to get 120 points,

I’m going to go to the TRA through skill 4115-19 “Precision Metal Trades Person – Gunsmith�
Yeah ok there is hardly any work in Aus for that, but its 60 shiny points.

Work wise I will apply for ALL gunsmith jobs but also General Mechanical Engineering jobs too because the good old RAF have provided me with engineering qualifications and HGV licence, Hazmat, and Forklift Licence and JCB licence etc. etc.

Does anyone know how HGV and Forklift licences apply in the ‘land of milk and honey’?

This message is just to say thanks for the support!
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the forklift licence won't be up to much over here (not hard to renew though) although can't comment on HGV, probably like a drivers licence so re-test without new pass restrictions etc.

Try google maybe
Old Nov 24th 2003, 12:58 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

We had a thread on this the other day - WBB wanted to know if he'd have to re-take his HGV. The answer was 'yes', unfortunately.