British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I have interview with nursery (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/i-have-interview-nursery-604649/)

should I stay or should I Apr 20th 2009 9:23 pm

I have interview with nursery

Can anybody advise me or provide information please. I have an interview with ABC nursery shortly as a group leader. Any idea what questions they may ask or the format of the interview?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Inglewhite Apr 20th 2009 11:37 pm

Re: I have interview with nursery

i have just pm you a message but forgot to say, the interview was quite relaxed, they just said usual, can you tell me a bit about yourself, have you any experience in special needs etc. i just brought all my certificates and went through all qualifications and experience with them and they offered me the job straight away.They then showed me round the centre and i met all the staff. hope this helps.

maund family Apr 21st 2009 9:40 am

hello sorry to but in, but I have been looking at job adverts for the ABC and was looking to apply when we arrive in August. Hope you don't mind me asking but how long after arrival did it take you to get your qualifications transferred? gill

should I stay or should I Apr 21st 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Gill,

I applied online and within a couple of days I had a telephone interview. I was advised that with my qualification that being CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education level would qualify me to be a group leader. I now have an interview next week. I have not had to convert my qualification as it is recognised over here, however you may need to check if yours is recognised, I'm sure if you phoned one of the centres they would be able to tell you as they have been very helpful with myself. Tina

Originally Posted by maund family (Post 7501290)
hello sorry to but in, but I have been looking at job adverts for the ABC and was looking to apply when we arrive in August. Hope you don't mind me asking but how long after arrival did it take you to get your qualifications transferred? gill

looky Apr 21st 2009 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by should I stay or should I (Post 7499073)
Can anybody advise me or provide information please. I have an interview with ABC nursery shortly as a group leader. Any idea what questions they may ask or the format of the interview?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't know much about plants.

squeezzii Apr 22nd 2009 12:22 am

Originally Posted by should I stay or should I (Post 7502731)
Hi Gill,

I applied online and within a couple of days I had a telephone interview. I was advised that with my qualification that being CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education level would qualify me to be a group leader. I now have an interview next week. I have not had to convert my qualification as it is recognised over here, however you may need to check if yours is recognised, I'm sure if you phoned one of the centres they would be able to tell you as they have been very helpful with myself. Tina

Interesting, as I have been told by my College tutor in OZ that my CACHE qualifications aren't accepted here (NVQ level 3 childcare) So I am having to do another course here!