Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i have got to ask??

i have got to ask??

Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:40 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default i have got to ask??

whats the problem with bare feet..?

please this is a big worry to me ,i have hairy toes...
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:46 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i have got to ask??

Originally Posted by aston man

I have just gone off you big-time

Unless you are a hobbit of course.
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

They are only a problem if you have feet like a hobbit
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Hi Aston, Don't see a problem with hairy toes or bare feet but wheres John gone

Jules
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
They are only a problem if you have feet like a hobbit
Snap
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:49 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Err. Aussie tend to go bare feet.. even in the shops etc... this upsets some 'brits' who think you should have shoes, a nice pair of cords and a jacket on for shopping But you stick to your sandels and pulled up white sockets if your worried about those toes. I'd recommend waders at all times, rumour has it that there are snakes in oz
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:50 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules29
Hi Aston, Don't see a problem with hairy toes or bare feet but wheres John gone

Jules
i honestly cannot see the problem with bare feet,,i was in the david lloyd last year and a chap was washing his feet in the sink,...

now i can see a problem with that,,

seriously whats the big deal...
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:53 am
Account Closed

i honestly cannot see the problem with bare feet,,i was in the david lloyd last year and a chap was washing his feet in the sink,...

There isn't a big deal .....

Who gave you that idea ??

Ignore them, and do what lots of people do ...and go bare-foot when you want
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:54 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing wrong with going barefoot over here. I wouldnt dream of going barefoot back home tho (even in the barmiest freakiest Indian Summer) Too much dog**** around
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I think its quite ''charming'' myself.

To me, it indicates comfort with surroundings, self-confidence, self-assurance, lack of self-awareness (in a good light) - a whole swag of things.

Podiatrists don't recommend it but hey. They still get paid.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i have two issues with people that wander round in bare feet - the first is the small children that run across car parks and along pavements in bare feet.... I've seen parents picking broken glass out of a child's feet after it ran across a crr park here. The kid doesn't know any better, but why was the parent putting the kid at risk.
Secondly - The Bloke will walk round the garden, walk across the floor he has just sprayed with cockroach killer, and then put his bare feet straight into bed. I don't even want to think about whats on his feet some nights, and it also means the soles of his feet can shred sheets easily because they are so tough.
Personal opinion, sorry, but I don't care whether its the UK or Aus, I don't like it.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
i have two issues with people that wander round in bare feet - the first is the small children that run across car parks and along pavements in bare feet.... I've seen parents picking broken glass out of a child's feet after it ran across a crr park here. The kid doesn't know any better, but why was the parent putting the kid at risk.
Secondly - The Bloke will walk round the garden, walk across the floor he has just sprayed with cockroach killer, and then put his bare feet straight into bed. I don't even want to think about whats on his feet some nights, and it also means the soles of his feet can shred sheets easily because they are so tough.
Personal opinion, sorry, but I don't care whether its the UK or Aus, I don't like it.
I think its buyer beware - bare feet, live with the consequences and deal with your kids too.

Can understand the need to wash them before going to bed. But then noone can guarantee anything. For all I know my daughter has peed on the floor and my wife has walked through it without knowing - infact my wife will change my daughter on my side of the bed and I have no way of knowing whether there might have been a tiny leak or not. Leak or no leak, her bare ass has been there lol. If I look like I'm checking, my wife will look at me like Im an old fusspot.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:18 am
Banned

well chaps thats the final nail in the coffin for me,if the ozzies all walk round in bare feet ,oz is not for me...i suppose someone is going to tell me the shops dont open on sunday next.....i like nothing better than going to the bullring in my doc martins and stamping on someone for parking in my parking space,how am i supposed to live without that on a sunday..
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

well chaps thats the final nail in the coffin for me,if the ozzies all walk round in bare feet ,oz is not for me...i suppose someone is going to tell me the shops dont open on sunday next.....i like nothing better than going to the bullring in my doc martins and stamping on someone for parking in my parking space,how am i supposed to live without that on a sunday..
Shops are open on a sunday .....

Only time shops are not open are Public Holidays, and Saturdays in Jewish Areas.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CasG
Shops are open on a sunday .....

Only time shops are not open are Public Holidays, and Saturdays in Jewish Areas.
i think i was going to a jewish area then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.