Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I had an operation yesterday!!

I had an operation yesterday!!

Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:02 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default I had an operation yesterday!!

I cannot fault Pindora hospital on the Gold Coast. (day surgery)

I had an operation done to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth as they were erupted and one was touching a nerve. I was extremely anxious about it as there was a small chance of paralysis due to the nerve position and also temporary numbness of my chin and lip which could last up to 18 mths.

The staff were fantastic, right from the receptionist to the surgeon. I was treated really well and the nurses couldn't do enough for me to make sure I had everything I wanted.

Comparing this to an op I had in day surgery back in Sheffield, this one was far better because of the way the staff treated me.

So, to anyone nervous about hospitals, if Pindora hospital is ever a choice that's where I would go.

Oh and by the way, I'm not in any pain cos I'm drugged up in a big way but it is uncomfortable. I'm not paralysed and I can feel my lip, but not my chin or cheek....that could just be because my face is swollen though.

I would recommend getting health insurance, we don't have any because we've never got aroung to it yet, so this cost us a pretty penny.

Marie
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:27 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I had an operation yesterday!!

Get well soon.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY

I had an operation done to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth as they were erupted and one was touching a nerve. I was extremely anxious about it as there was a small chance of paralysis due to the nerve position and also temporary numbness of my chin and lip which could last up to 18 mths.

The staff were fantastic, right from the receptionist to the surgeon. I was treated really well and the nurses couldn't do enough for me to make sure I had everything I wanted.

Comparing this to an op I had in day surgery back in Sheffield, this one was far better because of the way the staff treated me.

So, to anyone nervous about hospitals, if Pindora hospital is ever a choice that's where I would go.

Oh and by the way, I'm not in any pain cos I'm drugged up in a big way but it is uncomfortable. I'm not paralysed and I can feel my lip, but not my chin or cheek....that could just be because my face is swollen though.

I would recommend getting health insurance, we don't have any because we've never got aroung to it yet, so this cost us a pretty penny.

Marie
Glad it went well Marie. Hopefully everything will be ok and you'll be back to normal in a couple of weeks. Still trying to work out if it's worth it for us or not. Might just go for extras cover and hope for the best.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:55 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Marie
hope the swelling goes pretty quick marie .........we will be in touch soon as we are settling down very well here in ashmore .... going into southport for a job interview today
steve
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:05 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Glad everything went well Marie,

hope you are feeling better and up and about on your feet soon

fee xx
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Glad everything went well Marie, hope your back to normal soon, enjoy some much needed time off work , bet you haven't even looked at the course work!!!

Lisa
Old Jun 8th 2006, 4:01 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Glad everything went well Marie, hope your back to normal soon, enjoy some much needed time off work , bet you haven't even looked at the course work!!!

Lisa
Thanks everyone.

And Lisa, you're spot on, my coursework hasn't had a look in. Mind you I've only just got up (for the 3rd time today) the tablets I'm on really knock me out. I'm due some more at 3pm, that'll be me asleep for the rest of the day!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:07 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Marie

lol....you poor thing marie! hope you feel better soon!
so....nowt like charles clifford dental abbotoire then??? lol.....
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:43 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Marie
Hiya Marie

I have been thinking about you lately as I knew you were due in hospital - pindara is only up the road from us....... I will PM you my new number.... please call as /i would love to pop up and make sure you are doing okay!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire
xxx