Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i had one of those phonecalls...

i had one of those phonecalls...

Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default i had one of those phonecalls...

...that we all must be dreading

mum rang me last night to tell me that my favourite aunt and uncle had their third daugther but she died a few hours after she was born.

i can not describe how i feel right now, i want to scream and shout and get on the first flight home - but i know that won't fix anything, and at the same time it feels so unreal, so far away...like its not really happening.

so there's this beautiful little girl, all healthy, due to be born this week, and she's gone before she even got a chance...and i'll never ever get to see her.

i feel so completely useless at the moment - all i can do is sit here and wait till its morning in holland, and even then, there's not much more i can do but ring my aunty and talk to her....i guess you don't realize how big this world actually is and how far away you are until something as unfair as this happens.

don't know why i'm putting this post up really, but i just had to do something with my feelings.

tanja
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:50 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i had one of those phonecalls...

Gecondoleerd (still haven't found a good word for that in English yet...)

Can't say anything that'll help.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunny side up

mum rang me last night to tell me that my favourite aunt and uncle had their third daugther but she died a few hours after she was born.

i can not describe how i feel right now, i want to scream and shout and get on the first flight home - but i know that won't fix anything, and at the same time it feels so unreal, so far away...like its not really happening.

so there's this beautiful little girl, all healthy, due to be born this week, and she's gone before she even got a chance...and i'll never ever get to see her.

i feel so completely useless at the moment - all i can do is sit here and wait till its morning in holland, and even then, there's not much more i can do but ring my aunty and talk to her....i guess you don't realize how big this world actually is and how far away you are until something as unfair as this happens.

don't know why i'm putting this post up really, but i just had to do something with my feelings.

tanja
I can appreciate how you must be feeling, we landed is Oz 15th Jan, when we arrived at the hotel we’d booked there was a message telling us to ring home. My Aunty had died shortly after we had taken off.

Before we came I kidded myself that if anything thing happens we are only 24 hours away. In reality it is not that simple and it emphasised the distance between us all. The only consolation is that my family knows that my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Sam
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lost for words Tanja; big hugs coming your way, and lots of prayers for the soul of the little one.
Love
Polly
x
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:21 am
scoobydoo

So sorry for what has happened...thoughts are with your family. All you can do is talk to your Auntie. Having been in a similar situation a few years ago I found that just to know people were thinking of us and were able to call us and listen was so helpful....so your phonecalls will help I am sure. xx

Old Feb 7th 2005, 4:00 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

tanja
Tanja,

I am so sorry for you and your family.

Take care
Kala.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

We are sorry to hear about the lost of a famliy mamber.
It happened to us 2 weeks .Hubby's nana passed away.
It is hard that we are here and you wold like to be back home but what can we do there.

Yours
Ann Marie
Old Feb 7th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

thanks for your support, all of you!

i sat down and put all my feelings on paper this morning and it helped a lot - it'll be hard for a while yet, but i guess things like this never are easy...

thanks again,

tanja
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

All i can say is how very sorry I am.
Nothing anyone can say, can make it any easier for you and your family.
Even if you did manage to get home, it doesnt change anything, then you have all the heartache of the goodbyes at the airport again.

Thinking of you
Take good care
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

so sorry for you and your families loss
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:13 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

tanja

So sorry to hear that.
My wife is currently in England,she booked and flew on the same day(vast ammount)because we had an unexpected call saying that her brother(my BIL) whos only 21 was taken to hospital with a burst stomach ulcer.
She went back with my daughter and i am here on my own(couldn`t afford ).
Shes been on an emotional rollercoaster with her family not knowing whether he will live or die.
The Drs keep phoning the family and tell them to come to the hospital because `it` won`t be long now.
But after nearly 3 weeks he is now breathing for himself and things are looking good, but he`s still not out of the woods.
Its hard being here on my own , the only information i get is from my wife and its hard not being there 1st hand.
But im glad she went back, she would never have forgive herself if she hadn`t and the `worst` happened.
My thoughts go out to you,
Darren
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to here your sad news

Sue
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:48 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

My thoughts are with you and your aunt and uncle and all your family. How absolutely crushing.
Take care.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by webgum
My thoughts are with you and your aunt and uncle and all your family. How absolutely crushing.
Take care.
That's just awful. Don't know what to say.
I have been trying to convince my partner that moving to Oz is a good idea, but he is very reluctant and I think this is the reason why. He never actually says it, because it's not the sort of thing you want to talk about, but he always says how far away it is.
And I guess when something like this happens it really does seem more than 24 hours away.
Hope you have plenty of friends around you, and you get the chance to speak regularly to your auntie and uncle.
Take care
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Tanja my thoughts and prayers are with you

I know you feel there is nothing you can do to help but you say you have written your thoughts down

Having just suffered 2 painful and unexpected bereavements I cannot really explain how much it helped to receive messages of love and support from friends and family

it was especially helpful when they continued arriving weeks after the loss
I know a ll the love and support you will receive from this forum will help you
and can only i magine how helpless you feel from so far away but I know from helping many bereaved parents that they will get a lot of comfort from receiving your love and support to them in letters calls cards especially over the coming weeks and months

Your neice will always be remembered

lots of love Mary X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.