Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I had Excellent Advice from this site - heaters

I had Excellent Advice from this site - heaters

Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:18 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default I had Excellent Advice from this site - heaters

A few of you kind people had a chat about the cold nights and houses here - And I Bought an oil filled electric heater today -$220 (on sale?) heats a big living room supposedly 28.8c an hour.

Look up the long link DianeOZ started - (sorry not sure how to attach thread links ) but one entitled Don't bin the woolly jumpers.

IT IS WORKING BLOODY WELL - I am warm in my living room and not burning my legs at electric bar heater or worrying about the kids getting near it. And it isn't that ugly, bit wider than radiators in UK (ok maybe 2.5 times as wide) DeLonghi make on wheels and very portable.

Thanks for all the advice - I checked out prices and makes etc on the web after this thread.

Now I apparently have to check out a dehumidifer for the rooms I do not heat? Fed up of filling the gravel in the Damp Rid tubs! I got mould on some of my clothes hanging in my wardrobe - Waiting for the next bit of advice from here please ?

Thanks to all

Cheers
Old Jul 7th 2003, 10:57 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Bought a Ringgrip 1kW 5 vane from Bunnings for $50 couple of weeks ago. Works fine in a small guest room (4 x 4 m) for overnight. Seems solid enough but suggest sturdy models for heavier use.

Suggest you consider where moisture is coming from. Ensuite - make sure extractor fan runs long enough. Warm room at night if from people respiring, open windows in morning to air room.

Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:49 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Also see if you can "thin out" your wardrobe a touch, so they get a big more hanging/airing space.