Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I guess this is goodbye.

I guess this is goodbye.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I guess this is goodbye.

Originally Posted by lucyb
Yes becuase now Haydn is 30 we are officially 5 points short and my occupation isnt worth anything nor are my qualifications ( I have an HND in Travel and Tourism Management and have worked for Kuoni for 8 years) Im on the DIMIA website desperately trying to find a way round this ! Jeremy HELP! I feel they are nit picking and being quite petty and also moving the goalposts.
If you lodged a Skill Matching (Class BR) application initially, this does *not* freeze age for SIR purposes. Sorry - but DIMIA seem to be correct.

A Skilled Independent (Class BN) application lodged before your husband's birthday would *possibly* have done, but this is only based on what DIMIA are saying as they drafted the Regulations badly and on a strict wording of them currently this is not the case.

In your shoes I'd look at New Zealand or Canada to see if you qualify there.

Jeremy
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy thomas
is there a way in if you revert back to the skill matching visa you originally lodged for?
Bloody hell Lucy! Thats shit! There has to be a way around it. Your agent sounds really inexperienced. As you've said, you're perfect for migration. I've posted a thread in the nursing forum on whats happened to us 'has anyone experienced any problems with oz nursing agencies?' The nursing agency we came through has messed with our lives, we've lost money etc At least we can count this as a validation trip and now apply for PR when we return to UK. Will be completely gutted if we're refused, especially as we're here at the moment, children happy etc. Had you arranged to sell your house? Hope you're ok? Talk to Jeremy see what he can suggest. Take care thinking of you all XXXX
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucy,

Damn honey!! I am really sorry to read about your probs.

I wish there was something I could do, but apart from sending you loads of good vibes and hope.....I wish it was more, hon....sorry.

Keep your chin up, you never know what will happen. I will keep all my fingers crossed for ya.

Hels
xxx
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:18 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

My agent just called and she is as upset as I am. The caseworker has indeed refused our application. Basically we had to initially lodge under the skill matching scheme so that we had something lodged before Haydn turned 30 on July 13. In the meantime we applied for state nomination from SA and that came back very quickly. Great we thought...we can now apply for SIR. Haydn turned 30 and I believe we actually lodged our SA application around July 30. This was all ok, we were assured that there would be no problem as we had something lodged before his 30th. Howver now DIMIA are saying that they are two seperate visas (duh-as if we didnt know that) and we cannot transfer them, therefore they can only use the date of lodgment for the SIR visa and we are then 5 MEASLEY BLOODY POINTS SHORT and therefore REFUSED. Thats it. case closed. bloody bastards. These are peoples lives they are messing and toying with. How cruel is that after we spent all that money, the rest of our savings. flying out to Adelaide and falling in love with it. So now we have nothing. No savings and our dreams are ruined. I am devestated and heartbroken and cannot stob sobbing. My agent, bless her is trying to tempt us with NZ, but we have our hearts set on Adelaide. Life is so cruel.

And you know what else pisses me off? If Id known we had no chance, I would have not spent all our savings trying and therefore could have had a longer maternity leave with Toby.

Absolutely shocked to hear your news Lucy,hope theres a way around it for you guys-keep trying x
Best wishes,luck & hugs x x x
Donna.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Keep your head up Lucy, you sound like the sort of person that countries should be encouraging to settle.

Best Of Luck
Matt
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:26 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent just called and she is as upset as I am. The caseworker has indeed refused our application. Basically we had to initially lodge under the skill matching scheme so that we had something lodged before Haydn turned 30 on July 13. In the meantime we applied for state nomination from SA and that came back very quickly. Great we thought...we can now apply for SIR. Haydn turned 30 and I believe we actually lodged our SA application around July 30. This was all ok, we were assured that there would be no problem as we had something lodged before his 30th. Howver now DIMIA are saying that they are two seperate visas (duh-as if we didnt know that) and we cannot transfer them, therefore they can only use the date of lodgment for the SIR visa and we are then 5 MEASLEY BLOODY POINTS SHORT and therefore REFUSED. Thats it. case closed. bloody bastards. These are peoples lives they are messing and toying with. How cruel is that after we spent all that money, the rest of our savings. flying out to Adelaide and falling in love with it. So now we have nothing. No savings and our dreams are ruined. I am devestated and heartbroken and cannot stob sobbing. My agent, bless her is trying to tempt us with NZ, but we have our hearts set on Adelaide. Life is so cruel.

And you know what else pisses me off? If Id known we had no chance, I would have not spent all our savings trying and therefore could have had a longer maternity leave with Toby.
Don't give up on your dreams - "what is for you won't pass you by"

Call a few other agents and see what they say, Alan Collett might know ways around this ?

Good luck and keep your chin up.

IrishMolly
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy

Really sorry to hear your bad news.

I hope that you manage to get things sorted and that you are still able to fulfill your dream.

Graham
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

I've replied on Adelaidebrits as well, but just want to say....don't give up yet...When the points increased in April, we were totally wiped out in terms of points and all that, but something came up, just like it will for you.....fight for what you believe in, Lucy, it will turn out ok.

Good luck
Lesley
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:28 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bettytweena
I've replied on Adelaidebrits as well, but just want to say....don't give up yet...When the points increased in April, we were totally wiped out in terms of points and all that, but something came up, just like it will for you.....fight for what you believe in, Lucy, it will turn out ok.

Good luck
Lesley

Hi everyone..Ive taken your advice and contacted Alan Colletts UK office and they are going to get him to ring me. I am not taking no for an answer...DIMIA get ready for a fight!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:35 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone..Ive taken your advice and contacted Alan Colletts UK office and they are going to get him to ring me. I am not taking no for an answer...DIMIA get ready for a fight!

Good on ya Lucy-you go for it girl!!!
Donna.x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Good luck Lucy
You never know what changes may come is there any chance of either of you retraining for a 70 point occupation ?? takes a while I know but keeps sight of the dream
dont give up
Love MaryX
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:38 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

good luck LucyB
I hope you get lucky .....
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

bedan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I too absolutely gutted for you, I can really imagine what you're feeling as I crossed the same situation. This is DIMIA.. and some stupid officers who does not care about others.. I had applied for 136 in March 2003 and advised to submit IELTS with score 5 on each and i did so. the case officer straightaway moved my application in the pool and did not allowed me to put the 100K bond or spouse bonus point. i wrote them many times but never get any help. finally I appled for SIR with SA sponsorship and waiting to hear for last two months... (I too had an agent (a well known) but they cldn't predict it.)... I lost all my money and time.. as someone wrote, for the case officer our case is nothing..lets hope and wait for the God's plan...
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, they don't know what they have let themselves in for - DIMIA and Alan Good Luck Lucy. It will come good in the end.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:41 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I was so saddened to read your first post Lucy! What a horrible experience.
BUT I'm glad you are not taking it lying down.

Thinking of you and sending good karma your way

Keep your chin up!

Siren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.