Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I was greeted by the following cheerful news when I just woke up.

I was greeted by the following cheerful news when I just woke up.

Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default I was greeted by the following cheerful news when I just woke up.

Now guys, as the other BBS I visit is in slight turmoil over this, especially the younger ones.

Please tell me its a spoof ?

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Experts believe the chaos cloud is composed of particles spawned near the event horizon of a black hole (a form of what's called Hawking Radiation) that have been distorted by mangled information spewed from the hole.

"A super-massive black hole lies about 28,000 light-years from Earth at the center of our galaxy," explained Dr. Sherwinski.

"Last year the eminent physicist Stephen Hawking revised his theory of black holes -- which previously held that nothing could escape the hole's powerful gravitational field. He demonstrated that information about objects that have been sucked in can be emitted in mangled form.

"It now appears that mangled information can distort matter.

"Just imagine our galaxy the Milky Way as a beautiful, handwritten letter.

"Now imagine pouring a glass of water on the paper and watching the words dissolve as the stain spreads. That's what the chaos cloud does to every star or planet it encounters."

To avoid widespread panic, NASA has declined to make the alarming discovery public. But Dr. Sherwinski's contacts at the agency's Chandra X-ray Observatory leaked to him striking images of the newly discovered chaos cloud obliterating a large asteroid.

"It's like watching a helpless hog being dissolved in a vat of acid," one NASA scientist told Dr. Sherwinski.

Ordinarily, Hawkings Radiation is harmless.

"It's produced when an electron- positron pair are at the event horizon of a black hole," Dr. Sherwinski explained. "The intense curvature of space-time of the hole can cause the positron to fall in, while the electron escapes."

But when "infected" by mangled information from the black hole, the particles become a chaos cloud, which in turn mangles everything it touches.

"If it continues unchecked, the chaos cloud will eventually reduce our galaxy to the state of absolute chaos that existed before the birth of the universe," the astrophysicist warned.

Some scientists say mankind's best hope would be to build a "space ark" and hightail it to the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.1 million light-years away.

"We wouldn't be able to save the entire human population, but perhaps the best and the brightest," observed British rocket scientist Dr. David Hall, when asked about the feasibility of such a project.

But even if such a craft could be built in time, evacuating Earth might prove fruitless if theories about the origin of the chaos cloud are correct.

"A black hole at the center of Andromeda is about 15 times the size of the one in our own galaxy," Dr. Sherwinski noted. "It might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a senior White House official said the president's top science advisors are taking the findings in stride.

"This is a lot like global warming, where the jury is still out on whether it's real or not," said the official.

"The existence of this so called chaos cloud is only a theory. Americans shouldn't panic until all the facts are in."
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I was greeted by the following cheerful news when I just woke up.

Bit far fetched I reckon. As it is under the entertainment section one would say that maybe movie producers are on overtime!

better get some in just in case
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Bit far fetched I reckon. As it is under the entertainment section one would say that maybe movie producers are on overtime!

better get some in just in case
It didn't half wake me up fast LOL !
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:28 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, I knew I shouldn't have bought that pension.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It didn't half wake me up fast LOL !
Anyway - what you doing waking up at this time of day

You could borrow my kids, they will wake you up just as fast everyday.
mummy she did it first...My head hides under the pillow and reemerges 10 mins later to hear world war 3 has just erupted in the front room...

School holidays - help :scared:

Just thinking - I wonder how many would go back to the UK if something like this would happen?
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:38 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you find this news from?

I'm only asking as if there's any truth in it, I thought I could us it as an excuse to panic, go home from work, drink lots, riot, loot and cause mayhem. If it's not true then I'll probably carry out doing these accounts.

Paul.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I work Night shift, hence my late rising.

Source [/QUOTE]

Now what would most people like to spend their last nine years doing ?
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I work Night shift, hence my late rising.

Source
Now what would most people like to spend their last nine years doing ?[/QUOTE]

SMOKE...
ohh and take the girls to the most exotic place in the world and enjoy. Sorry Dev you will just have to keep working to pay for our fun
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:44 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Now what would most people like to spend their last nine years doing ?
One of the following three things:

1. Prove the existence of God, make up for the bad things I've done and pray I go to heaven.

2. Build a space rocket.

3. See earlier......drink, loot, riot, cause mayhem.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:51 am
aussie73

It does'nt matter because the aliens plan to destroy the earth next year with a massive laser beam to make way for an inter-galactic highway .

Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, well it is posted in the 'movies' and 'gossip' section of the Yahoo site........ so probably not very serious.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:57 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=ozzieeagle]Now guys, as the other BBS I visit is in slight turmoil over this, especially the younger ones.

Ozzieeagle,
Don't you know, there are allway's clouds on the horizon

Bye
Mark
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:11 am
aussie73

[QUOTE=markeh]
Now guys, as the other BBS I visit is in slight turmoil over this, especially the younger ones.

Ozzieeagle,
Mark
Don't worry, its not the end of the world.

Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

The original source is the Weekly World News, so the article is as reliable as the LHR BA check in staff in August!

...but for some real fun, where is the forum that actually believes this movie script??

- "escape to a galaxy 2.1 million light years away" , ROTFLMAO.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ****** eejit
The original source is the Weekly World News, so the article is as reliable as the LHR BA check in staff in August!

...but for some real fun, where is the forum that actually believes this movie script??

- "escape to a galaxy 2.1 million light years away" , ROTFLMAO.

According to someone I know the 'urban myth' comes from this book:

http://www.bflord.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.