Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I gotta vent this to others in the know!!!!!

I gotta vent this to others in the know!!!!!

Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough
Default I gotta vent this to others in the know!!!!!

We have our whole future planned in Australia. We are set on our plans and cant even consider having to stay here in the UK!
I eventually got a email from my CO saying she will be in touch soon with further information. I'm now at the point where I need to get this whole process over and done with as im going crazy worrying that we may not get the visa. Im just petrified!

I also find it amazing that some people are selling their homes etc... before getting their visas. Are you guys not as wound up as me??? Am I worrying too much??? Is this visa process much more simple than I am making it out to be???

Ouch....another Grey hair!

Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I gotta vent this to others in the know!!!!!

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
We have our whole future planned in Australia. We are set on our plans and cant even consider having to stay here in the UK!
I eventually got a email from my CO saying she will be in touch soon with further information. I'm now at the point where I need to get this whole process over and done with as im going crazy worrying that we may not get the visa. Im just petrified!

I also find it amazing that some people are selling their homes etc... before getting their visas. Are you guys not as wound up as me??? Am I worrying too much??? Is this visa process much more simple than I am making it out to be???

Dont worry loads of people get emails like that. Ours said the same and the further information turned out to be our visa.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone can sympathise with you here. I was exactly the same at that stage, it was definitely the longest bit.

We didn't put our house on the market before the visa's were granted for exactly the same reason as you. Although if you've had your meds and everything was OK then you should start looking for an estate agent and weigh up the current market in your area.

It is a terrifying thing to go through, but when you have that visa in your passport it will seem like a distant memory and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Good luck I hope DIMA don't keep you waiting too long
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are all as wound up as you are, but thinking positively. The way my OH and I are looking at it is that if we sell the house and things don't work out then there are always lots of other houses to buy here. On the other hand, if things do work out then we don't have to wait that extra few months for the house sale, etc. It's all about timing. We expect (hope) to have our visa by the first of August, so the house will be put on the market end April or early May. The real estate agent says expect about 1 month to sell, then 2 months for closing. That seems to be about the right timeframe for us.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dotnron
I think we are all as wound up as you are, but thinking positively. The way my OH and I are looking at it is that if we sell the house and things don't work out then there are always lots of other houses to buy here. On the other hand, if things do work out then we don't have to wait that extra few months for the house sale, etc. It's all about timing. We expect (hope) to have our visa by the first of August, so the house will be put on the market end April or early May. The real estate agent says expect about 1 month to sell, then 2 months for closing. That seems to be about the right timeframe for us.
thats really positive!! I need some of your chill pills
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Basically it's the realization that you can't change the way a large government department is going to operate. We are young enough and flexible enough to accept whatever comes our way. If Australia don't want us, then that will be their loss. We have nothing to lose by staying here in Canada with our family and friends. I truly hate my job and my employer, but if things don't work out with us going overseas, then I will simply change jobs. Simple. If on the other hand we get to fulfill our dreams of a new life down under then both my husband and I are going to new jobs (already offered to both of us) and our kids to a lovely new lifestyle. Discipline in the schools, a chance to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle we simply don't do here, a fresh new start for my lovely little boy who has had such a hard road dealing with some very big adult issues in his little boy's life (that's another issue alltogether).
I do have to say, though, that dealing with a child with mental illness has taught me to cherish the things you do have and not dwell on the things you don't. Yes, I do stress about this whole process but I have learned not to let it rule my life. If you read my latest posts in the Feb applicants thread, we too are having some problems with DIMA at the moment, but over all keeping our chins up. Try to do the same.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:41 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, its hard, we are six months down the line since the application went in and not even got a CO yet!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:44 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the visa is only the beginning of the process really so you might want to just chill at this point. If you feel like this the whole way you may as well as start investing heavily into the company that makes Grecian 2000.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:16 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Getting the visa is only the beginning of the process really so you might want to just chill at this point. If you feel like this the whole way you may as well as start investing heavily into the company that makes Grecian 2000.
Or the company that makes Valium :scared:
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

Mens hair colour wont do me any good! However Loreal or Wella may be in with a chance! As for the invstment in Valium......I'm on the case!!!!

Lol......I really do feel better for having a moan! Everyones words of reason have brought me back to reality!!

xx
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:09 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I think it becomes so all consuming that it becomes hard to put it in perspective. At least you have the application in (wish we could put ours in now ) and just think all you`ll need to do when you get it, is get the house sorted for viewers that don`t turn up or criticise your decor, sell your house (a complete doddle ) arrange house contents to be sold or moved, book flights, arrange accomodation, arrange TF number, medcare oh yes and a job!!! Oh yes and don`t forget to sort out your shares in Oddbins (after all you`ll be drinking so much by the end of it all that they`re bound to offer you shares in the company!!)
Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I think it becomes so all consuming that it becomes hard to put it in perspective. At least you have the application in (wish we could put ours in now ) and just think all you`ll need to do when you get it, is get the house sorted for viewers that don`t turn up or criticise your decor, sell your house (a complete doddle ) arrange house contents to be sold or moved, book flights, arrange accomodation, arrange TF number, medcare oh yes and a job!!! Oh yes and don`t forget to sort out your shares in Oddbins (after all you`ll be drinking so much by the end of it all that they`re bound to offer you shares in the company!!)
How vome your application is not in yet? what stage are you at???
We have been acknowledged for 4 months! I front loaded my meds and pcc. So just waiting to hear that all is ok! YOU ARE SO RIGHT THAT IT BECOMES HARD TO PUT IN PERSPECTIVE! It is consuming! this has bnecome my project and I cannot fail! I said a million times, its much more scary than waiting for your degree results!!! This is real!!!!!! Until I know that its definate im gonna be going stir crazy!!!...........checking for emails every morning!!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:41 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I gotta vent this to others in the know!!!!!

We have been acknowledged for 4 months! I front loaded my meds and pcc. So just waiting to hear that all is ok! YOU ARE SO RIGHT THAT IT BECOMES HARD TO PUT IN PERSPECTIVE! It is consuming! this has bnecome my project and I cannot fail! I said a million times, its much more scary than waiting for your degree results!!! This is real!!!!!! Until I know that its definate im gonna be going stir crazy!!!...........checking for emails every morning!!!
I know how you feel - - i have never checked my e'mail so frequently!

We are about to put the house on the market - -we have had ACK from DIMIA and decided that even if we get a sale we can turn it down at the last minute if the visa has not come through. Not the thing we like to do, but, we have got to think of number one and no-one else at this precarious time.

It really is all about timing - -what to do next?
you know - -i can't believe that me - -a level headed person - -is prepared to spend more on my cat than its going to cost to take my kids!!!!!!!!!!

Added to that - -can't hand notice in until house sale has gone through - -however - - -can't sell house untill we have visa!!! Bugger me it is just all buts!!!!! :scared:

BUT i'm sure it will all fall into place.............one small step at a time.

Look at how many others have managed it.

It can be done and it will be done!

TIMING? Whats that?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:58 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

You will find many poster on the oz and nz threads that recommend not selling the family home in the uk if possible as well. If thigns don't work out or something happens you then have the security of knowing you have a home you can go back to. Big decision and well worth giving some seriosu consideration to.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:10 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby is in the forces and we may need to provide his discharge for the visa so we have to wait until nearer his discharge date before applying (at least we`ve got through the TRA hurdle which is something I guess) I suppose I need to learn to chill and be patient
I also sometimes think that being on BE so much doesn`t help in some ways either as it makes itch to get out there or worry about stuff like affordable housing and trade licenses (reckon I might need a break from the pc for a bit and look at things which I can have influence over)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.