Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I got to pay for it all now!

I got to pay for it all now!

Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got to pay for it all now!

I have an account with Tranzfers http://www.tranzfers.com/ who will pay money into any UK account I nominate - it doesn't have to be an account in my name. This is how I send money from Australia to relatives in the UK for birthday presents etc. I'm sure you can do it the other way round (send money from UK to any Australian account).
Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:17 am
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NickyC
I have an account with Tranzfers http://www.tranzfers.com/ who will pay money into any UK account I nominate - it doesn't have to be an account in my name. This is how I send money from Australia to relatives in the UK for birthday presents etc. I'm sure you can do it the other way round (send money from UK to any Australian account).

Cheers Nicky! That sounds alright.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:49 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I very much doubt it. Oxforex to the best og my belief are a foreign transaction company, not a bank account.

Transfer money via them. Get them to deposit in nominated acct.

Then using internet banking, do a EFT to desired provider you need to pay

Hello,

I am now registered with OZForex; do i need to register all over again and provide all the documentational proof just to join its sister site:

http://www.tranzfers.com/

When i have already provided this proof to the same institution?

Cheers, also,

Originally Posted by forkandknife
Just wondering, but if i open one of the forex accounts such as HifX or Ozforx, i understand you can have your money changed from the pound to the dollar and sent to your bank account in Australia.
But if you want to book some acommodation in Australia, and you have to pay in cash up front, can you have the forex company send the money to another account, other than your bank account in Australia? I mean to the owner of the acommodation bank account?

I have found this out, http://www.ukforex.co.uk/FAQ.htm

Who can use the UKForex Payments Service?

Companies and individuals who wish to send money in a foreign currency to a person or company in another country can use the UKForex Payments Service. The recipient of the transfer must have a bank account that funds can be paid into.

I am an individual, can I use the service to send money overseas?

Yes, absolutely. You can send foreign currency electronically via telegraphic transfer. If you decide to send a telegraphic transfer, you will need to provide us with details of who you are sending money to ie the beneficiary. You can do this on the system by selecting the "Add Beneficiary" tab, and then adding the name and bank account details of the person/company you are sending money to.

Last edited by forkandknife; Jan 31st 2008 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:38 pm
Banned

Just for anyone interested in my question, this might be the answer?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=tranzfers

Originally Posted by mgilmour
The key differences between OzForex and Tranzfers are:

1) OzForex lets you lock in the exchange rate prior to receiving your funds, whereas with Tranzfers you send the money and then book the exchange rate.

2) OzForex has a minimum of GBP2000, with Tranzfers it is GBP50. However we can, and do, waive this for customers that are transferring funds with us over time. Certainly anyone from BE can get this minimum waived with a phone call or email.

3) OzForex automatically waives fees for transfers over A$10,000, this doesn't occur automatically on TRANZFERS but we are happy to waive the fee if you give us a call.

The similarities are:

1) Both are brands of OzForex, which is now a subsidiary of Macquarie Bank. We also have UKForex, CanadianForex and NZForex.

2) Rates are the same. But if you mention BE, it's easier for us to modify the system to improve the normal rates (which are still super competitive)

3) Dealers that answer the phones are the same irrespective of the brand/ system you use.

4) Both systems allow you to transact 24 hours on business days on the web and by phone with live rates.

Background:
By way of background we built TRANZFERS to be very simple for individuals to use. As a result it has less features than OzForex and is a bit safer for us because customers cannot not lock in rates before they send us money. With OzForex, as people can book rates before we have funds, there is a risk that customers dont 'honour' the deal they have booked with us.

So OzForex is the better product I would say for BE members. We are happy to change people over - it only take a phone call.

As we have highly automated systems we can handle small transfers that other companies are unwilling to touch (via OzForex or Tranzfers) but the bulk of our business is larger transfers on OzForex.

PM me if you have any difficulties if you are trying to make the change (sometimes our compliance guys can be over zealous).

Regards
Matt Gilmour
MD OzForex