Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:35 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Yeah pisses me off more than most. I'm here studying something I don't have much want for in MY attempt at getting residency.

A week! ... WFT! ...
Could be worse. You could be stuck in NZ for 5 years in order to get citizenship so that you can get over to OZ...things people do to get into Australia eh???
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
so there ya go, i got my visa, i came here (with my Australian partner) i dont like it, dont get me wrong, the scenery is spectacular, but i just dont like the place, too many things to mention. my partner has outgrown her home to, we are leaving ASAP

so thats that !!
You obviously don't believe in wasting time. I'm just a bit confused because you haven't had time to see or experience anything here yet. I can understand why people are frustrated reading your thread because it can take such a long time and hard work just to get a visa.
Luckily we are here now and just need to get our son out to complete our family. He is working his nuts off just to get out here and we are tying ourselves in knots just to help him get a precious visa.

Anyway good luck in the future and thanks for the giggle.

Lesleym
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I gave Aus 5 months first time around and I still absolutely hated the place.

The problem was not Aus, it was me. whether you like somewhere or not is an attitude of mind. My attitude is now completely different and I now love Aus. That's just how it is. I wasn't at all ready first time, despite doing loads of research, and now I am. Funny old world...
Are you sure there wasn't more to it than that? When you came second time around did anything change? You location, job, house etc? Were your personal circumstances different? Please elaborate what were the differences between 1st time and now.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
so there ya go, i got my visa, i came here (with my Australian partner) i dont like it, dont get me wrong, the scenery is spectacular, but i just dont like the place, too many things to mention. my partner has outgrown her home to, we are leaving ASAP

so thats that !!
But we can change! What do we need to do to make you stay? Flowers? No? Lager? We can get you lager. Premiership? Someone get this man Foxtel, quick.

Mate, the place isn't going to be the same without you.

Oh look, I found a pint.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Are you sure there wasn't more to it than that? When you came second time around did anything change? You location, job, house etc? Were your personal circumstances different? Please elaborate what were the differences between 1st time and now.
Tony's not around very often Arkon, but he is still in Kent at the moment, trying to apply for his visa.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Attention seeker, I think

I knew a family, went to Melbourne, upset family and their son was upset to leave his biological dad, who gave permission for him to go.
They did come on here for a while, they where there 2 weeks , hated it and went back to Preston, I think there must have been more to it than that.
I cant see how you know in weeks, the first few weeks is a blur to me.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
Also looked at his other posts - he did seem a bit worried that he might not be able to buy the designer clothing he was used to at home. Also seems like he was bound for Canberra.

I'd say those two items were mutually exclusive. Bet that's his reason for going back....
I resent that slur on Canberra

Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Could be worse. You could be stuck in NZ for 5 years in order to get citizenship so that you can get over to OZ...things people do to get into Australia eh???
Tell me about it we considered that - but then the oh said 'why don't you go to re-train and work your B*******s off for 3 years and then we can go'???? men
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Toryglen Boy, no one asked you to come, no one asked you to stay. Thanks for playing.

Make way for people who will appreciate what Australia has to offer, like the millions of displaced refugees in camps all over the world.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:41 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cranni
Attention seekers on here? Unheard of.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:52 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Tell me about it we considered that - but then the oh said 'why don't you go to re-train and work your B*******s off for 3 years and then we can go'???? men
Well originally you could get citizenship after 3 years so thats why we did it that way and didn't re-train, but they have now changed it to 5 before we got all our paperwork in so its another 4 1/2 years to go....hi-ho-hi-ho then it will be off to Oz we go
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Just to clear something up, presumably you were referring to TGB and not Tony
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:56 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow....5 pages of repsonses to one post and the OP has not bothered to come back and answer any questions or elaborate further???

Couldnt be a wind up could it??

Surely NO ONE could be as stupid as to make such a HUGE decision after only a week??

It has to be a wind up.............has to, I say!!!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

to all those who thought i was attention seeking, i am not. thats why i didnt give my reasons, i didnt want to moan about it, i just wanted to say it wasnt for me.

And for those who read through previous posts and seen fit to judge me, shame on you. Just because its not for me, doesnt mean to say i am loser, or a timewaster

And for those of you who are angry that i got there while you didnt, there is no point in being p!ssed off at me, speak to the DIMIA

I just didnt like it. But i had to come to see what it was like,its true that maybe i should have came here for a holiday before going for it. I could have been here a day, or 10 years, i just knew within a short time, it wasnt for me. But thats just me.

Mods, can this thread be deleted or locked? i am not impressed at people jsut searching for any posts i have made, and then sprawling it accross a thread. I can appreciate this is a public forum, and whatever i post is up for discussion, but some people have made this rather personal, and i dont like it.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

For everyone that's slagging you off there are some that agree! I knew I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in Oz as soon as I got off the plane....3 years on and still here. At least you didn't get yourself into a situation that would have been too tricky to get out of!

Read the moving back to the UK forum and you'll find that there are loads of people that have never liked it here and simply can't leave because of children, money, list goes on. You realized that it wasn't for you and good on you for not staying just because you felt you had to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.