Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:50 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Are you an only child ? 'cos I have one who works for me and this is the type of ATTENTION SEEKING stunts that he pulls! Or are you missing dear old Toryglen, Govanhill, Rutherglen, Gorbals etc that badly? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Why go to all the bother of getting a Visa and ****** off in just over a week?
If you read his post history - the bottom line is - he never should have gone in the first place. With an Australian partner he probably qualified for a spouse visa rather than a dependent's one, which are piss easy to get hold of - so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It's all cost him a lot of money, disrupted his life and proved that he's a home bunny. I suspect he'll be back 'home' soon enough, scratching his head, and wondering what the **** he was thinking.

One week *is* taking the piss though.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:58 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

All those people aching to get their visa's and then we get posts like this. I've been on longer holidays!!

It makes me wonder, what people are expecting to get out of a life-changing move to Australia!

Good Luck on your return to England
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving
I don't think you gave it a chance (one week?! what the hell...?!) but good luck for the future, all the same.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I don't think you gave it a chance (one week?! what the hell...?!) but good luck for the future, all the same.
I've had weekends that have lasted longer than a week LOL
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:49 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

ROFL funniest thread I've read in years
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I've had weekends that have lasted longer than a week LOL
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job the mozzies weren't out. The bumps wouldn't even have had chance to go down yet

I reckon you must have had an easy visa cos most folk would have tried harder than one week to see how they go. Either that, or you're moving to somewhere else in Aus, so you're not leaving Aus after all, just the part of Aus where you landed

Anyways, hope you take more time to decide if you like your partner and good luck whichever place you land
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:20 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
yeah but people kept calling him a pom. Surely thats enough for anyone.
I get called a Pom and yet born and bred in NZ. I take it as a compliment. Just dont say "are you from Sid Nee".
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:22 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
If you read his post history - the bottom line is - he never should have gone in the first place. With an Australian partner he probably qualified for a spouse visa rather than a dependent's one, which are piss easy to get hold of - so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It's all cost him a lot of money, disrupted his life and proved that he's a home bunny. I suspect he'll be back 'home' soon enough, scratching his head, and wondering what the **** he was thinking.

One week *is* taking the piss though.
Just wondering if they already had their return flights already booked before they left?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:28 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
so there ya go, i got my visa, i came here (with my Australian partner) i dont like it, dont get me wrong, the scenery is spectacular, but i just dont like the place, too many things to mention. my partner has outgrown her home to, we are leaving ASAP

so thats that !!
Brilliant
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:29 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Love to know the full story. I am sure it would make interesting reading.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
All those people aching to get their visa's and then we get posts like this.
Yeah pisses me off more than most. I'm here studying something I don't have much want for in MY attempt at getting residency.

A week! ... WFT! ...
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Good job the mozzies weren't out. The bumps wouldn't even have had chance to go down yet

I reckon you must have had an easy visa cos most folk would have tried harder than one week to see how they go. Either that, or you're moving to somewhere else in Aus, so you're not leaving Aus after all, just the part of Aus where you landed

Anyways, hope you take more time to decide if you like your partner and good luck whichever place you land
Hes on a spouse visa - easier to get, not always easier to live with!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:28 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Would you like me to move you to the Back to the UK forum?
Along with you Polly?

Just a joke alright!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:34 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Well, at least the OP hasn't rubbed people up the wrong way.

He's entitled to post whatever he likes and do whatever he wants like all of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.