Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I found Walkers Crisps in Melbourne

I found Walkers Crisps in Melbourne

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default I found Walkers Crisps in Melbourne

There is a small sweet shop in Croydon main street that sells alot of english lollies and chocolates.

Went in today and noticed that they also had those elusive Walkers Crisps. Didn't see what type they had, but for those desparate for them.....they stock them!!

Regards
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:52 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I found Walkers Crisps in Melbourne

Originally posted by Jaykay
There is a small sweet shop in Croydon main street that sells alot of english lollies and chocolates.

Went in today and noticed that they also had those elusive Walkers Crisps. Didn't see what type they had, but for those desparate for them.....they stock them!!

Regards
I'll have a look for Tomato Sauce or Worcester sauce next week JK. BTW any word on the new house???
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Bordy
I'll have a look for Tomato Sauce or Worcester sauce next week JK. BTW any word on the new house???

Hi Bordy

The loan has been approved....hurrah!! We've just received the formal offer in the mail yesterday, so we took them along to our solicitor this morning and we've signed them all up.

Didn't realise though that we need to get house insurance for them to actually give us the money, so I'll be on the phone Monday ringing around for quotes!!

Nearly there....20th July set for settlement!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bordy

The loan has been approved....hurrah!! We've just received the formal offer in the mail yesterday, so we took them along to our solicitor this morning and we've signed them all up.

Didn't realise though that we need to get house insurance for them to actually give us the money, so I'll be on the phone Monday ringing around for quotes!!

Nearly there....20th July set for settlement!

Congrats JK, always feels better when you finally get your own place. No more landlords woohooo.
Look forward to the house warming
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Congrats JK, always feels better when you finally get your own place. No more landlords woohooo.
Look forward to the house warming
Did somebody mention house warming, we'll be there by then, when is it Jaykay?

Andy, 8 days to go
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by andy thomas
Did somebody mention house warming, we'll be there by then, when is it Jaykay?

Andy, 8 days to go
Going to have one after the 20th July.....not quite sure what date yet, but you'll definitely get an invite Andy....and I know what you look like now!!!

It'll probably be after we've unpacked ALL the boxes (most of them have been sitting in our lounge room since March) and made ourselves feel at home.

The house is such that we have to do little (if any) work before we move in as it's in really good condition and it's all in neutral tones.

Will keep you all informed.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Going to have one after the 20th July.....not quite sure what date yet, but you'll definitely get an invite Andy....and I know what you look like now!!!

It'll probably be after we've unpacked ALL the boxes (most of them have been sitting in our lounge room since March) and made ourselves feel at home.

The house is such that we have to do little (if any) work before we move in as it's in really good condition and it's all in neutral tones.

Will keep you all informed.
wow, my first official invite, thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:18 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Regards

OOOOH thanks for that jaykay, i was going to pay a visit to Dandenong to Robs butchers for some polos, crisps and puddings and haggis. Croydon is much closer think i will have a nosy on Monday, whats it called?
good luck with the house move..
ps weres mi lemons?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:36 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards
What about the lemon tree JayKay, are you takin it with you?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by fogmeister
What about the lemon tree JayKay, are you takin it with you?
As we are renting the property I don't think the owners would appreciate a great big hole in the ground when we leave!!!

But I will strip all the ripe lemons from the tree before we go....there's even more of them now!!

And we've decided that we'd like to plant a lemon tree in the new house too.

Johanne, sorry luv, just haven't got around to filling up a bag for you (lazy cow that I am!!). Are you still in your rental house?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:19 am

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

As we are renting the property I don't think the owners would too.

Johanne, sorry luv, just haven't got around to filling up a bag for you (lazy cow that I am!!). Are you still in your rental house?

Hi Jaykay
hows things?
yeh we are still in the rental house for now, be here for another coupla months yet send me a text or pm when you get round to fillin that bag you lazy fart.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:36 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by johanne
Hi Jaykay
hows things?
yeh we are still in the rental house for now, be here for another coupla months yet send me a text or pm when you get round to fillin that bag you lazy fart.

Longer you stay in your rental the better. Keeps you out of my way.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:42 am

Longer you stay in your rental the better. Keeps you out of my way.

You can shut your ole bill

havent been to the house today, went car hunting at car city (rip off ) going looking at a holden wagon dual fuel tomoz in Bayswater bloody cheaper than car city a tell thee.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:03 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by johanne
You can shut your ole bill

havent been to the house today, went car hunting at car city (rip off ) going looking at a holden wagon dual fuel tomoz in Bayswater bloody cheaper than car city a tell thee.

Yeah I agree about Car city. Good luck in Bayswater, I used to drive a duel fuel. Much cheaper to run.
Cya soon. I better get some work done.