I found my Mojo

Old Nov 11th 2002, 12:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Cool I found my Mojo

Hi... , actually .. I found my old hometown street not my Mojo ... got your attention though didn't I ..

http://uk.multimap.com/map/home.cgi?...map=ap&client=

Anyway, I came across the above site for detailed (online) street maps in Britain that may be of some interest to some of you ... I thought it was pretty nifty for those people wanting to look at the location of certain areas/ streets/address etc., or even looking to buy a house back in the UK. etc, to see where the exact location of the street is. (There's an Aus map there too.. but nowhere near as detailed as the British one)

If you put in a postcode (British) it will zoom in on that certain street....

It also gives the current weather for the area your looking at, nearest train, airport, and any street web cams in the area ... Nifty eh? Plus additional information/links in the area (like restaurants, leisure etc)

OR if you don't know the postcode of the street.... just type in the street name.. and sort through the results...

Or..... If you put in the greater area , like London, Cardiff etc ... you've got to keep clicking/pressing on the map to zoom in to a certain area of London, to get the detailed street name (you've got to this a few times before the street name will appear in detail). I thought it was pretty nifty for those people wanting to look at certain areas/ streets/address etc., or looking to buy a house back in the UK. etc.

cheers

P. S... There are other world maps there too... but I think it's only the map of Britain which give very detailed street names/addresses... I tried the French one, and it's basic... does not give residential streets/roads, only the main roads.

The Australian map is under rest of the world.. or just type in Sydney etc. It may be helpful for Brit's coming here to Aus.. It's not detailed though, it will show the main roads, and areas/town names.. like my town is on it, but you can't zoom in on the residential streets/roads of this either.. like you can with the British map. It's ok though for a general guide of where the little Towns/areas are in Australia.

PPS... while I'm at it.. this link may be useful too http://www.uk.emb.gov.au/ for Brit's in Australia, this is where I found the map link from this page.(actually... this government link is listed on this site ... under immigration/British Embassies).
Old Nov 11th 2002, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I found my Mojo

Originally posted by Ceri
P. S... There are other world maps there too... but I think it's only the map of Britain which give very detailed street names/addresses... I tried the French one, and it's basic... does not give residential streets/roads, only the main roads.
A better one for the UK (IMO) is StreetMap :
www.streetmap.co.uk
And, if the area you're requesting has already been covered, you can even view aerial shots of the area

To lookup other detailed info about a specific area, a great site is UpMyStreet, which simply requires a town name, partial postcode, or full postcode :
www.upmystreet.com
Old Nov 11th 2002, 11:25 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

yes got "up my street" ... there's a link to it on the map link I've given., you can look up house prices... how many pubs close to the street you're looking at.. also another couple regarding aerial shots ( aerial photo's of your street/house), a web site called get mapping or 192. Good aren't they?

I had the day off today, spent ages on the net.. tracing old friends.. what with BT online and the maps... you can see how these private detectives find people.

Anyone know if there's anything similar for Australia... aerial maps for towns/streets here in Aus? Just something to send home for my family.

cheers

P.s.. I don't think I'll ever have a quick "pee" again in the open/behind a bush! regarding the aerial shots... you never know do you who's taking snaps amazing "Big brother is watching"
I know with the satellite images they can basically see a little tree in your garden... I remember seeing some footage on the TV... amazing the detail they can pick up.

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 11th 2002 at 11:36 am.