I fly tommorrow

Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I fly tommorrow

This almost broke my heart, reading that you havent been able to get home in time. I can definatly understand how important it was to you to be able to see your Dad. I am sure he knows this and I am sure he understood that you tried.

Not sure what else to say, other than I hope your flight is comfortable and that being with the rest of your family helps to ease your pain.

Good luck and all of our sympathy,

Hels & Hubby
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:21 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
For those that know my situation, I fly to Heathrow tommorrow.

Sadly it is too late for me.
I am very, very angry that the airlines were of no help in getting me home, but grateful to the flight centre that really pushed to get me that connecting flight. At least now I dont have to sleep over, alone at Kuala Lumpa.......not that it matters now.

Sandra,

My heart goes out to you and I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved dad.
My dad died a few years ago and that was hard enough and my mum had a brain aneurism 7 weeks ago and nearly died and she could still die if she gets a bad chest infection - which is possibl as she has serious lung problems too, so I know what it is like to lose (& nearly lose) your parents.
Hang in there - the pain does get less with time (even though you think it won't).
Not being able to get a flight quickly must be incredibly upsetting and it does make you realise how far away Oz is from the Uk.
I will send you some karma to help you deal with this and I'm thinking of you.

Hope you are goin to be ok

Shell
x
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear your news, thinking of you and sending virtual hugs....
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra
I'm so so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure your mum and sister will really appreciate you being there and you certainly tried your best to get out there. I hope the flight and connections go well... big hug, Larissa
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Sandra

You have my full sympathy. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and heartache. I wish you all the best for your journey over there, and hope you can find some comfort with your family at home

Michelle xx
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Sandra
I'm so so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure your mum and sister will really appreciate you being there and you certainly tried your best to get out there. I hope the flight and connections go well... big hug, Larissa
Dear Sandra
Dont know what to say really. Sorry to hear about your sad loss.

Thinking about you.

Debs
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

I think this is everyones worst nightmare on this site, not being able to get back in time to say goodbye.

All I can say is that when you arrive back there will be plenty of people needing your love and your dad will be with you, always!

Thinking of you and your family,

Mandy
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

many thanks to all my cyber friends for the support you have given me recently. And a big thankyou to Pollyanna for trying to pull a few strings to get a flight with Quantas for me. Unfortunately, none of the airlines appeared to have any compassion even when I was almost hysterical on the phone to them.

Dad went down hill very, very quickly, due to his arm breaking, then having a fall in the hospital and breaking the arm again.

Mum was so very, very strong, seeing as they had such a volatile marriage!!!

She nursed him at home, and was then suddenly told he had 48 hours at the most.
She phoned immediately to see if I could get home.
I was advised by the flight centre(whom have been fantastic) that getting out of Perth is ok, but getting any further is a problem, as all economy seats are sold.

I could have paid $8000 on top of the $2000 already paid and that would have secured a seat in business class.
Why could they have not had some compassion, and got me home??????????

The flight centre rang all the airlines whilst I was standing there ( sobbing like a fool), but to no avail.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:55 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope that you have a safe trip back to the UK to be with your family.

I know it is hard being so far away when you get the dreaded phone call......but on the other hand.....I got a call out of the blue one day from my Dad, saying mum was ill could I come over....I only stayed 15 minutes away, but I was too late, she died just as I got there, you just never know when these things are going to happen....lifes a bitch as they say!!!!!!

The airlines "suck " at times though.....maybe all economy was full, but they hand out free bloody upgrades all the time.....surely they could have put u on standby in business class and charged the economy fare....better havin $2000 than nowt!!!!!!

Safe journey and take care
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:25 am
Go Banana's !!

Our thoughts are with you, have a safe journey back

Jill, Warren, Imogen and Smudge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough

Sandra,
Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Our thoughts will be with you and I hope you manage to make it in time for the funeral.
Good luck on the flight back to UK and take loads of stuff to keep you occupied. It's an awful flight let alone when you have to deal with your situation.
I hope that going back home and being with family helps to ease your pain.
I've written this message about 10 times as I'm not the best with words when it comes to these situations but I hope you get the point of my message.
Deepest Sympathy,
Stacey
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:19 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

sandra, i was sorry to hear about your dad.

have a safe journey. Leigh
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:25 am
Junior... I like it!

pwatters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My beautiful, beloved dad died wednesday.

Cant believe it, just couldnt get home......not one airline could get me on a flight, said they were all full.
Deepest sympathy for your loss Sandra. Whilst you couldn't be there in body, you would have been in soul and spirit and I'm sure you're dad will have known that.