British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I fly tommorrow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/i-fly-tommorrow-277860/)

sj oldfield Jan 16th 2005 11:18 am

I fly tommorrow

For those that know my situation, I fly to Heathrow tommorrow.

Sadly it is too late for me.
I am very, very angry that the airlines were of no help in getting me home, but grateful to the flight centre that really pushed to get me that connecting flight. At least now I dont have to sleep over, alone at Kuala Lumpa.......not that it matters now.

Phoenixuk2oz Jan 16th 2005 11:41 am

Re: I fly tommorrow

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
For those that know my situation, I fly to Heathrow tommorrow.

Sadly it is too late for me.
I am very, very angry that the airlines were of no help in getting me home, but grateful to the flight centre that really pushed to get me that connecting flight. At least now I dont have to sleep over, alone at Kuala Lumpa.......not that it matters now.

Sandra, only know that your dad was unwell and you couldn't get home / get a flight easily. I'm hoping things did not get any worse and you get to see your dad :(

Hope the flight does not seem too long......... and you'll soon be "home' in the UK with those you love. Thinking about you at this sad time :(

badri Jan 16th 2005 11:42 am

Good luck and have a comfortable flight.
Remember

When things doesn't go right turn LEFT.

Badri

hevs Jan 16th 2005 11:43 am

All the best and have a safe journey :(

sj oldfield Jan 16th 2005 11:45 am

My beautiful, beloved dad died wednesday.

Cant believe it, just couldnt get home......not one airline could get me on a flight, said they were all full.

hevs Jan 16th 2005 11:48 am

Cant believe it, just couldnt get home......not one airline could get me on a flight, said they were all full.

:( deepest sympathies for your heartbreaking loss.

soapy© Jan 16th 2005 11:50 am

i really feel for you at the mo sandra, my dads in hospital in glasgow at the mo. all weekend we have been in a panic, but hes picking up now. hope your flight is a smooth one or hearts are with u

soapy and the gang

of2oz Jan 16th 2005 11:54 am

So sorry to hear about your awful news, I hope you are with your uk family soon.

We all think when we get out to Oz that its only a 24hr flight home, if there is a problem, but thats obviously not the case :(

Simone Jan 16th 2005 12:02 pm

I'm so sorry Sandra, don't know what else to say. :(

Hope your flight will be ok, glad you don't have to stay the night.

johanne Jan 16th 2005 12:05 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad Sandra, will be thinking about you.
Johanne and family

Phoenixuk2oz Jan 16th 2005 1:04 pm

Sandra. I'm so, so very sad for your awful loss. This really is the saddest thing when we live so far away. It puts everything else into perspective.

Your dad is in your heart and soul...and you in his. He knows you are with him. Bless you and your family at this difficult time :(

Pollyana Jan 16th 2005 1:48 pm

Sandra, you know I'm thinking of you as I've said most of it already by pm, but heres an extra hug and a prayer.
Take care love, and remember - when you fly high, you are closer to him.

Polly
xx

sophia Jan 16th 2005 2:04 pm

hiya sandra

deepest sympathies to you and your family. So sorry that you couldn't get back in time, I hope that being around the rest of your family will be of some comfort to you.

Thinking of you :(

love sophia xx

Teresa Jan 16th 2005 2:27 pm

Sandra

Thinking of you and the boys at this sad time, take care

Swifts xx

lynnlovessun Jan 16th 2005 6:05 pm

Sandra

You have my deepest sympathies - so sorry you never made it in time. Are you going to make it back for the funeral?

My thoughts are with you, keep your chin up and remember your dad will be watching over you always.

Lynn x