Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I ended up in Redfern by accident

I ended up in Redfern by accident

Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:48 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default I ended up in Redfern by accident

And what a pleasant surprise!!

As we havent yet bought a washing machine (waiting for January sales) I needed to find a laundromat. I set off on a wild goose chase not really hving a clue where to find one. But i do posess a spirit of adventure Took a wrong turn here and there which lead me to notorious Redfern. To be honest i had no idea thats where i was when i stumbled on a laundromat in a side street. There was even free parking outside
I was in a lovely leafy tree lined street with a parade of cafes and shops. After depositing the laundry i sat at the cafe next door and treated myself to a latte
I loved it there! Blue skies shaded by leafy trees, James Brown blasting out "i feel good" in the background. The whole place felt young and vibrant with a good mix of all races and creeds. I adore those quaint old fashioned terraced houses with filigree metal work on the outside.

I decided to do a little tour of the area after i picked up the laundry. There really are some lovely back streets full of attractive character filled houses. In my opinion this area is set for a real turnaround. I did not feel unsafe at all. I am not daft enough to believe there are no issues in the area, but i predict it to be a very trendy place to be in the near future. I would even consider investing in a property there in the future. It has huge potential.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:12 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I ended up in Redfern by accident

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi

As we havent yet bought a washing machine (waiting for January sales) I needed to find a laundromat. I set off on a wild goose chase not really hving a clue where to find one. But i do posess a spirit of adventure Took a wrong turn here and there which lead me to notorious Redfern. To be honest i had no idea thats where i was when i stumbled on a laundromat in a side street. There was even free parking outside
I was in a lovely leafy tree lined street with a parade of cafes and shops. After depositing the laundry i sat at the cafe next door and treated myself to a latte
I loved it there! Blue skies shaded by leafy trees, James Brown blasting out "i feel good" in the background. The whole place felt young and vibrant with a good mix of all races and creeds. I adore those quaint old fashioned terraced houses with filigree metal work on the outside.

I decided to do a little tour of the area after i picked up the laundry. There really are some lovely back streets full of attractive character filled houses. In my opinion this area is set for a real turnaround. I did not feel unsafe at all. I am not daft enough to believe there are no issues in the area, but i predict it to be a very trendy place to be in the near future. I would even consider investing in a property there in the future. It has huge potential.
the misses bought a 7kg LG front loader for less than $600 from the good guys, good price she thinks
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:19 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
the misses bought a 7kg LG front loader for less than $600 from the good guys, good price she thinks

If i beat that in January i'll come on to brag
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

They were obviously still asleep

Jo
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:58 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

If i beat that in January i'll come on to brag
Pffft, I know the real reason you were in redfern
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by joho
They were obviously still asleep

Jo

who was? You mean the rioters?

As for you Lukey boy. My drugs are purely medicinal, but tell me what you want and i'll see what i can do
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:10 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

As for you Lukey boy. My drugs are purely medicinal, but tell me what you want and i'll see what i can do
Well can you get them to Melbourne
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fraser
Well can you get them to Melbourne

If you pay as much in cash as you do in karma points, i'll see what i can do
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:14 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

If you pay as much in cash as you do in karma points, i'll see what i can do
How many was it
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:17 am
Banned

Not sure as i got some from someone else today.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:19 am
Banned

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Linda
When she's ten feet tall
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:26 am
Banned

What are you like?!!

Heres me trying to open up a serious discussion on an area with a bad reputation and question the validity of labelling a place, and i end up being cast as BEs drug dealer.

I'm going swimming......

then out to buy a bandana and a pair of baggy trousers
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:47 am
Banned

What are you like?!!

Heres me trying to open up a serious discussion on an area with a bad reputation and question the validity of labelling a place, and i end up being cast as BEs drug dealer.

I'm going swimming......

then out to buy a bandana and a pair of baggy trousers
Hey, wait up..... You forgot yer crack pipe
Old Dec 9th 2005, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

There are two parts of Redfern - the eastern end which backs onto Surry Hills and is fine with nice houses and OK streets. This bit is labelled Redfern East by real estate agents to distinguish it from the rest of Redfern. Redfern is/was good for outlet type shops. There used to be a fantastic Italian shoe shop there once and it was a great place to shop for clothes. Not sure what it's like now as there are more purpose-built outlet malls these days.

The bad bit of Redfern is to the west of the railway line. Trust me - you do not want to go there, not even by accident and not even during the day. It is very bad indeed. As long as you stick to the shopping area and East you'll be fine. Just don't cross the railway tracks!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickyc
The bad bit of Redfern is to the west of the railway line. Trust me - you do not want to go there, not even by accident and not even during the day. It is very bad indeed. As long as you stick to the shopping area and East you'll be fine. Just don't cross the railway tracks!
Pity the west is where Sydney University is. Thousands of students walk to and fro every day. For quirky charm, check out King Street Newtown.

But yes, there have been cases of bag snatching and, no doubt, worse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.