Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I doubt anyone gives a toss .......

I doubt anyone gives a toss .......

Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default I doubt anyone gives a toss .......

and by all means PLEASE make this a 'Paul&Nic' 'post to be ignored' ... as usual!!!!

Anyway, I reckon I owe it to prob 3 or 4 BE members and for them few I HOPE they get to read this.

Ok, been bloody working hard at it for 3 months now. Nic has ditched the course as simply it's NOT her. I can't blame her as this hairdressing trade to me is as bitchy a ****, but hey! ... we're here now and if we both jack it in we go home! .... period! ... so I plod on!

Anyway! ... today I was off the mannequins and onto the REAL people! ... a single woman's cut, a single man's cut! .... throw into that a 'set' with some old biddy who actually was a lovely old girl ...

I dunno, talk about 'extremes' but you know I read post over post about how we all want our 'house without mortgage' .... and 'sipping the beer by the pool' ... and I think about what the fudge I'm goin thru to only 'attempt' to get residency here!!!

Oh I dunno, is it bloody worth it???

Anyone PLEASE answer as to be honest the way I feel right now I feel like checking ebookers for the price of a flight home ...

I LOVE this place, but at the same time .....................

oh **** it! ...

Sorry ...
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:07 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I doubt anyone gives a toss .......

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
and by all means PLEASE make this a 'Paul&Nic' 'post to be ignored' ... as usual!!!!

Anyway, I reckon I owe it to prob 3 or 4 BE members and for them few I HOPE they get to read this.

Ok, been bloody working hard at it for 3 months now. Nic has ditched the course as simply it's NOT her. I can't blame her as this hairdressing trade to me is as bitchy a ****, but hey! ... we're here now and if we both jack it in we go home! .... period! ... so I plod on!

Anyway! ... today I was off the mannequins and onto the REAL people! ... a single woman's cut, a single man's cut! .... throw into that a 'set' with some old biddy who actually was a lovely old girl ...

I dunno, talk about 'extremes' but you know I read post over post about how we all want our 'house without mortgage' .... and 'sipping the beer by the pool' ... and I think about what the fudge I'm goin thru to only 'attempt' to get residency here!!!

Anyone PLEASE answer as to be honest the way I feel right now I feel like checking ebookers for the price of a flight home ...

oh **** it! ...

Sorry ...
Work and retraining is always shite mate !

If you like aus and , it can take a while to like it then grit your teeth and get on with it .
Nothing in life is easy , and it is a rollercoaster , up and down all the way chin up mate .

You may still look back on this in a few years and chuckle !
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:08 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

oh **** it! ...

Sorry ...
Think of the reasons you left the UK in the first place.
We are giving up a LOT to move to oz because we think we will have a better way of life. We hate the UK weather so having sunny mornings to brighten up our day should help, I think!
We will give it at least ayear before we even thing about moving.
Hope it all works out and you have a better day tomorrow

P.S. I DON'T give a toss

Last edited by Suni&Jay; Jun 30th 2006 at 3:10 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

oh **** it! ...

Sorry ...
If you really want it then it's worth it. It's probably easy for me to say this as I have PR & a well paid job but it's true. Is there any other course that you could do apart from hairdressing?
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:12 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Paul.

Do you mind chatting with a blast from the past?
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I do give a toss about you and Nic

Don't give up now mate - you're obviously having a bad day (I am too FWIW).

My honest answer to you is you'd be an idiot to chuck it all in after what you went through to get there in the first place.

You've got less than two years to go and it's the weekend so you can chill a bit. Why don't you write down everything that's good and everything that's bad IN YOUR OPINION and I be I know which list will be longer.

good luck
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

oh **** it! ...

Sorry ...

Is there not any other course you could do to make it more bearable?
I remember when my OH first got a German posting before we got married. He hated it so much he nearly jacked it in. Luckily he perserved and has finally got to the stage he is happy at work.
Anything worth doing is worth going through a little 'pain' just to come out of it the other end and feel a sense of achievment. The WE DID IT factor.
Keep at it.
Mandy
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi, Paul.

Do you mind chatting with a blast from the past?
I do / I don't ...

Oh shit! ... I feel right a right wazzuk ...

so sorry, the drink has got hold of me and .... oh I dunno! ...

Thingf is, my partner, my kids, hey! ... even my bloody dog all depend on me right now and I dunno .... the pressure is .... oh i dunno ...... a bit hard ...

I said I could do it, and i WILL, but .... oh .......

so sorry , talking shite again ...

sorry.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I do / I don't ...

Thingf is, my partner, my kids, hey! ... even my bloody dog all depend on me right now and I dunno .... the pressure is .... oh i dunno ...... a bit hard ...

sorry.

you are a right wazzuk

I thought you were seeing Jane and Russ soon. She'll snap you out of it.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:27 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

I do / I don't ...

sorry.
Have a few more drinks, then you'll feel better ( or not)
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

I do / I don't ...

sorry.
Happy to be a safety valve for ya! You talk shite as much as you like on here -almost everyone does (hi hi).

Have a drink - have a dream, at least you can say you are actually physically working on achieving your long term dream - we are sitting in limbo, pretending to carry on with our UK lives etc.

Take care of you too - not just everyone else! Tell them you need a pamper weekend!

Paula
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
The WE DID IT factor.
Keep at it.
Mandy
Yopu know, that's what keeps me goin! ...

ONE DAY I hoipew to post here and say " we dids it!" .... one day!!

It just seems so far away right now ,,,

so sorry.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:31 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I do / I don't ...

sorry.
We've been here before ...

Give yourself credit. You've made it happen. Very, very few make it that far. Hiccups along the way are just that. What are the good things?

(Too many smilies to edit, so cut text.)
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:38 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

oh **** it! ...

Sorry ...
Excellent post, keep your chins up, and keep working at it. However bad it is at the moment, it cant be as bad as yet another 10 month UK winter. Good luck to you both, in life you usually get out what you put in, so I reckon that big mortgage free house could be yours sooner rather than later.

p.s You are right about posts getting ignored, many of the contributors on here are only interested in replying if there is some precious karma in it for them.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
We've been here before ...

Give yourself credit. You've made it happen. Very, very few make it that far. Hiccups along the way are just that. What are the good things?

(Too many smilies to edit, so cut text.)
Your right, and I hope I once told you so but a karma msg from yourself long ago REALLY meant the world to me ... prob the most significant msg from ANY poster EVER so I REALLY appreciate you popping by on this one ...

Yeah, we have made it happen, I'm not regretting it a bit as we all love it here! ... it's just ... oh my fav saying " I dunno" ...

Dunno what I'm doin here, dunno why I bothered ...

DEEP down know exactly why I am / doin it, but ..... oh prob just drunk ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.