Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:42 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2
The houses look like they were built by the "three little pigs" and are worth about as much as a bag of balloons.
My (aussie) brother-in-law is adament that Australian buildings are very poorly put together compared to UK homes.

Just his opinion, of course. At least some Aussies can criticise their own country. He is one of the few.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

The houses look like they were built by the "three little pigs" and are worth about as much as a bag of balloons.
I'm sure that will be of comfort to the first time buyers trying to find upwards of 500k. Dear balloons you buy mate.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:45 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willamos
How do you conclude that, oh wise, all knowing one?!

FYI, I don't like living in Australia because:

* My personal hobbies and interests are harder to pursue in Australian than in UK/Europe. - granted the skiing is rubbish. have you tried new zealand?
* I obviously do not see my family and friends living in Australia. You can skype for free with a webcam :-)
* I find Australia a rather dull place; it 'flatlines', nothing happens in Australia and I have, elsewhere on this website, likened it to sitting at the back of a gig. You may have a seat but the folks near the front are having more fun than you. You dont live in the right part then!
* Australia is miles from, well, everywhere. You can travel for days and days and have seen nothing but more of the same. Awww come on - surely you've seen emu, and camel, and Uluru, and the ocean views, and the rainforest, and the desert - dont see all that on the M62 - even though you can be on that for days and days as well.
* Australians seem to be obsessed with 'cheap'; as long as the price is low that's all they care about, hence so many run down looking suburbs and crappy little shops. More money for beer you see!* Tasmania aside, I find the landscape characterless and predictable. Yeh cos Tassie is so er....... English!
* Christmas in the southern hemisphere is rubbish. Plain and simple. Hmmm - yeh I'll give you that one! Small price!
* I disagree with those godzoners who will proclaim that Australian weather is fantastic. It isn't. What's great about scorching hot summers where your car steering wheel is on fire and there are bush fires blazing and killing people. Queensland regularly floods. Oh, and it's just had really bad bush fires AS WELL this year. Yep, great weather. Well there aint much you can do about the weather - except maybe moan about it!
* The Aussies have this ingrained sense of inferiority which makes them unable to cope with anyone not loving their country. You ever watched ever Brits abroad?

I could go on, but godzoners are never interested really. Its not that we are not interested ( I guess I am one of them now) its just that, well, we like it here. You dont. And what?
Flip - took me ages to do that colouring in!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:46 am
Account Closed

My (aussie) brother-in-law is adament that Australian buildings are very poorly put together compared to UK homes.

Just his opinion, of course. At least some Aussies can criticise their own country. He is one of the few.
I would agree to an extent. New UK houses are pretty shoddy however, not exactly a shining beacon. It is just the ones here are MORE shite.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:47 am
Account Closed

Somewhere else the Brits come on top eh, world number ones at slagging off their land of birth.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:48 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Oh dear, sorry you didnt get a laugh out of it, you obviously dont miss the banter then being here.
Sorry I must of missed that bit! That was probably when I was throwing up!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:49 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I miss rolling green hills - the hills here dont roll, they run away from me.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/caro...-5-green-folds
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:52 am
beach bum

Looks like that round Mudgee.......and Cowra! Just looks different set against sunshine thats all!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:56 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Looks like that round Mudgee.......and Cowra! Just looks different set against sunshine thats all!
Gippsland and rural Victoria is looking beautiful at the moment. I was in the Grampians in late September, and it was lush and the spring flowers were coming into bloom.

Only problem is that the extra foliage may lead to greater fire risk if we have another hot summer
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kporte
I'm sure that will be of comfort to the first time buyers trying to find upwards of 500k. Dear balloons you buy mate.
That's the problem, people PAY upwards of 500k but they are still only WORTH a bag of balloons!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:00 am
Account Closed

That's the problem, people PAY upwards of 500k but they are still only WORTH a bag of balloons!!
I'm misunderstanding? I bought my house for $x and it is now worth a bag of balloons? That can't be right
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:04 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Gippsland and rural Victoria is looking beautiful at the moment. I was in the Grampians in late September, and it was lush and the spring flowers were coming into bloom.

Only problem is that the extra foliage may lead to greater fire risk if we have another hot summer
They are doing lots of work round this way to clear fire trails etc - some controlled burning too. Fingers crossed we dont get too many this season!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I don't want to, so there
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:11 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by ponyrama
They are doing lots of work round this way to clear fire trails etc - some controlled burning too. Fingers crossed we dont get too many this season!
Yeah it was bad here last year

Not sure whats happening in Vic, Badge probably knows. I know there's loads of local CFA fundraisers going on, so at least everyone's aware.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I don't want to, so there
Too hot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.