Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I don't believe it. BAH HUMBUG

I don't believe it. BAH HUMBUG

Old Dec 7th 2004, 9:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I don't believe it. BAH HUMBUG

OK, imagine the scenario, its a couple of weeks before xmas, yikes!!! oh god its that time of year we dread....... getting the deccies out and plugging the god damn lights in for the trial run BEFORE you put them on the tree.Then finding one set maybe half working, some smashed bulbs, the expensive set you shelled out for "cos they'll last longer" not doing anything at all. Then faced with that horrible project of not only trecking down to wollies and finding bulbs that match, but spending 3 days taking one after another out to find which nasty bulb is stopping the circuit.....

All with me so far???

Last night i get the large box of lights from the garage which we bought in heaps the year before last as it was our last pommy xmas and we wanted the house to look really special so the kids remembered a cold dark xmas etc etc.

This box was on the container last year, being chucked about on high seas, rocking and pitching about like Pollyanna on her way home from the english beer selling bottle shop , so you can imagine i was really going through the whole scenario just to justify to HUP that i needed to go out and spend large amounts of time and cash replacing them

BUT!!! the feckers worked, every single bloody sodding twinkling set of them Even the ones that had a couple of bulbs not twinkling had a SET of new bulbs in the box!!

Theres a moral in there somewhere, i know there is
Old Dec 7th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice
Default Re: I don't believe it. BAH HUMBUG

Originally Posted by hevs
OK, imagine the scenario, its a couple of weeks before xmas, y oh god its that time of year we dread....... getting the deccies out and plugging the god damn lights in for the trial run BEFORE you put them on the tree.Then finding one set maybe half working, some smashed bulbs, the expensive set you shelled out for "cos they'll last longer" not doing anything at all. Then faced with that horrible project of not only trecking down to wollies and finding bulbs that match, but spending 3 days taking one after another out to find which nasty bulb is stopping the circuit.....

All with me so far???

Last night i get the large box of lights from the garage which we bought in heaps the year before last as it was our last pommy xmas and we wanted the house to look really special so the kids remembered a cold dark xmas etc etc.

This box was on the container last year, being chucked about on high seas, rocking and pitching about like Pollyanna on her way home from the english beer selling bottle shop , so you can imagine i was really going through the whole scenario just to justify to HUP that i needed to go out and spend large amounts of time and cash replacing them

BUT!!! the feckers worked, every single bloody sodding twinkling set of them Even the ones that had a couple of bulbs not twinkling had a SET of new bulbs in the box!!

Theres a moral in there somewhere, i know there is

Well I guess if you really wanted the lights to perish en route you should have labelled them "FRAGILE - PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE" That would have ensured that you would now be buying new sets !!

Peter
Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:37 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: I don't believe it. BAH HUMBUG

Originally Posted by Paylia
Well I guess if you really wanted the lights to perish en route you should have labelled them "FRAGILE - PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE" That would have ensured that you would now be buying new sets !!

Peter

So true.