Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"I do love living here...."

"I do love living here...."

Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "I do love living here...."

...so I said to the wife this evening.

Just wanted to write this for those of you still in the UK and worried about the upheaval. There are a lot of negative posts here - and I've certainly put my view over about various issues but......

overall it is great.

There are downsides but I feel (after 4 months) that there are more upsides.

My own view is that it is down to the weather and the oportunities for doing things which cost very little - which means you don't end up stuck in the house for weeks on end or paying a fortune to take the kids to some expensive event.

Example - last Sunday. Lunchtime picnic in some beautiful gardens in the city. Afternoon bike ride in Kings Park. Late afternoon paddle at a stunning beach. Total cost - $4. (for a coffee. (Managed to persuade the kids that they didn't want an ice cream!).)
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:02 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "I do love living here...."

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
.. Total cost - $4. (for a coffee. (Managed to persuade the kids that they didn't want an ice cream!).)
Tight bastard
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

JANC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks NKSK version 2

Am new to this particular site, thought I'd come on here instead of the other negative sites, but was disheartened to see much of the same negative stuff being said...thanks for the positive posting!!!! Glad you are enjoying it!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
Tight bastard
ROFL
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:58 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to write this for those of you still in the UK and worried about the upheaval. There are a lot of negative posts here - and I've certainly put my view over about various issues but......

overall it is great.

My own view is that it is down to the weather and the oportunities for doing things which cost very little - which means you don't end up stuck in the house for weeks on end or paying a fortune to take the kids to some expensive event.

Example - last Sunday. Lunchtime picnic in some beautiful gardens in the city. Afternoon bike ride in Kings Park. Late afternoon paddle at a stunning beach. Total cost - $4. (for a coffee. (Managed to persuade the kids that they didn't want an ice cream!).)
Do they still sell those fabulous individual cheesecakes in the Kings Park Cafe? best cheesecake I ever had
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Tight bastard
Took the words right out of my mouth
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Tight bastard
Just about to put that!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

(Managed to persuade the kids that they didn't want an ice cream!)
And then we had gruel for dinner,
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

totally agree with you - in the uk more often than not you would arrange to go out, the weather would end up being crap - so we would end up taking the kids to one of those indoor thingys where it would cost us well in excess of £40 by the time we all had drinks etc - ok for a one off but in the summer hols it gets expensive to keep going to places!!

recently we took a drive out to Toodyay, packed up a bbq, the kids played in the park (they had the whole play area to themselves) took a football & played some ozzy rules & generally watched the world go by
later on that night the kids said can we go there next weekend? :scared:

1/2 term we took em to fun junction/ fun station wotever it was called - they played for about 2 hrs - when asked if they had a good day - they were like it was ok

just proves you dont have to spend a fortune

ttfn
pootle26
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
And then we had gruel for dinner,

Look we don't believe in spoiling our kids. They know that they can have an ice cream at Christmas.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
Do they still sell those fabulous individual cheesecakes in the Kings Park Cafe? best cheesecake I ever had
We tend to go to the cafe near to the kids playground which does indeed have damn fine cakes. And it's a damn fine playground too!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:00 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We tend to go to the cafe near to the kids playground which does indeed have damn fine cakes. And it's a damn fine playground too!
But apparently no damn fine ice creams
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:53 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup thats the one delicious yum
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:58 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

overall it is great.

Its also nice to see in may parks / beaches / pools electric stainless steel bbq's which are totally free, just push the on button for electric !
when ever I see one I just imagine something similar in the uk and the best vision I come up with is either a slab of concrete where the bbq used to be or a bbq with a massive padlock on it and a sign saying 2 quid for 10 minutes
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the playground and is it 'enclosed'. 2 year old is pretty good, but may try to escape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.