I did not go

Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Unhappy I did not go

Hi there.

I am still here I could not fly today as my daughter was unwell. She did seem to have become better, then at around 6pm last night she had very high temp that would not go down. I had to call to the doctor out who said that we would not be able to fly as she had severe dose of the flu, and we were due to leave at 04.00 so there was no way we would be ableto go. It is now 08.00 and she still has a high temp depsite giving loads of medicine.

I called Singapore Airlines in Sydney as everywhere else was closed and the girl I spoke to was really helpful and she is trying to get us on the flight for tuesday. I will speak to the local singapore airlines office when it opens at 09.00 here.

We are very dissapointed as we had been looking forward to going for months and as we are validating out time there was limited anyway.

Anyway, will let you know what happens. Just hoping that my youngest (7) doesnt go down with it before tuesday now.

regards
Debs
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Debs,
At least its nothing worse than flu; lets hope the other kiddie stays OK, and that Singapore can come through with a flight for you. Keep us posted - we'll try and meet up while you're here.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I did not go

Originally posted by debsy
Hi there.

I am still here I could not fly today as my daughter was unwell. She did seem to have become better, then at around 6pm last night she had very high temp that would not go down. I had to call to the doctor out who said that we would not be able to fly as she had severe dose of the flu, and we were due to leave at 04.00 so there was no way we would be ableto go. It is now 08.00 and she still has a high temp depsite giving loads of medicine.

I called Singapore Airlines in Sydney as everywhere else was closed and the girl I spoke to was really helpful and she is trying to get us on the flight for tuesday. I will speak to the local singapore airlines office when it opens at 09.00 here.

We are very dissapointed as we had been looking forward to going for months and as we are validating out time there was limited anyway.

Anyway, will let you know what happens. Just hoping that my youngest (7) doesnt go down with it before tuesday now.

regards
Debs
Good to see someone responsible enough to delay their flight. Good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks Pollyana. Will let you know what happens.

BP - the Doctor said that when you fly when you have a bad cold or flu - the risk of a secondary bacterial infection is high as it the risk of ear damage. I was not prepared to risk it as health is more important.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I can vouch for the ear thing, the pain is incredible & I ended up with a shocking ear infection because of it. I'll never do it again thats for sure!

Debs, hope everythings ok for Tuesday, looking forward to meeting you .
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

What a shame Debsy...poor wee mite.. hope she has a speedy recovery..

i can also vouch for the ear thing. I wasnt even ill before i flew from Sydney to Adelaide, an di ended up with the worst ear infection ive ever had... cost me $150 to see a doc and get anti biotics
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks PP. Glad I made the right decision!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Mrs D

See you soon
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:24 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear the nipper is no better, debsy - fingers crossed she perks up for Tuesday and that you get a flight.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:35 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Debsy,

I'm sending you all big hugs and best wishes. Hopefully everyone will be ok on Tuesday.
I can definitely agree with doctor. I went on holiday about 36 hours after I had my wisdom teeth out, the cold started the morning of the op. I only booked the holiday as the hospital said it would be ok to fly but they didn't mention that if I got a cold not to go. Luckily for me I was on antibiotics anyway because of op but I was really ill for about 4 weeks all told. My ears normally hurt on the plane but with a cold it was ten times worse.
If you can get hold of a jar of vicks vapour rub or equivalent, put some near boiling water in a cup or bowl with a teaspoon of vicks. Get little one to inhale it, great for unblocking everything. I used it at Christmas as I had had a cold and sinuses were blocked. It was brilliant, even my ears felt great on the plane. They will even give you a plastic cup of hot water on the plane so you can do the same for take off and landing. I hope this helps a little.

Best Wishes
Sarah
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:27 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debsy

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family....hope your daughter is better by Tuesday and you manage to get your flights

Petra
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:46 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi there.

regards
Debs

sorry to hear the news Debs, I know you were concerned the other day. Keep positive and hopefully it'll come right in the next few days.

Good luck

Warren & Jill
Perth 2004......

Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:50 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Debsy,
You must be so disapointed. Will keep my fingers crossed for a flight on Tuesday and hope your little girls feeling better.
Michaela
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

debbie and rich is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that you could not fly. So close and yet so far... Now I am hoping that my two youngest don't get anything before we go in March. The youngest will have to go in Quarantine as she gets everything going!! Oh well something else to worry about during the wee hours!!
Good luck on Tuesday
Debbie
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:21 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there.

regards
Debs
very sorry to hear that debs hope it all goes well 4 tues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.