Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I cant think straight!- help!

I cant think straight!- help!

Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

isy1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I cant think straight!- help!

Over the last few years DH and myself have kept returning to the move to Australia question. We now realise that if we are going to do it it has to be now. However, we have totalled up the points for PR and we are 5 short(due to age) so sponsorship only option for now. DH is a secondary school teacher and Im a nurse. I think we may apply for PR once we have been there a year(this will give us 5 more points) through his job (if he gets enough work) or mine on ENS. Im 44 so will be past it after Ive had a years work experience!

Its a mine field! at the moment Im trying to get all docs together to register as nurse in Oz and he is trying to get all his docs together to register as a teacher!

Im worried if we will earn enough, if the kids will be ok (DD 's 11 and 5), if my employer will take advantage as I will be on 457 visa, if I will find accommodation, if our cute dog will survive the trauma, if we will be able to sell our house and so on and so on.....

Why am I doing this again!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:20 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I cant think straight!- help!

Originally Posted by isy1011
Over the last few years DH and myself have kept returning to the move to Australia question. We now realise that if we are going to do it it has to be now. However, we have totalled up the points for PR and we are 5 short(due to age) so sponsorship only option for now. DH is a secondary school teacher and Im a nurse. I think we may apply for PR once we have been there a year(this will give us 5 more points) through his job (if he gets enough work) or mine on ENS. Im 44 so will be past it after Ive had a years work experience!

Its a mine field! at the moment Im trying to get all docs together to register as nurse in Oz and he is trying to get all his docs together to register as a teacher!

Im worried if we will earn enough, if the kids will be ok (DD 's 11 and 5), if my employer will take advantage as I will be on 457 visa, if I will find accommodation, if our cute dog will survive the trauma, if we will be able to sell our house and so on and so on.....

I don't know. Why ARE you doing this again?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

I sympathise, making the move is a tough decision for most, but I'm not sure what it is you're asking?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend you decide which of you will be the main applicant and just focus on getting a visa first.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:41 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

I recommend you decide which of you will be the main applicant and just focus on getting a visa first.

Exactly this ^^^

Without the visa sorted, all your other concerns are irrelevant.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

when we applied my OH was 41 and is a nurse and we both came out on her visa i thought it went up in 5 year increments so as long as you apply before your 45 you should ok i think , saying that things always change and hardly for the better, cheers paul