Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I cant remember which o levels I passed

I cant remember which o levels I passed

Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:24 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Question I cant remember which o levels I passed

I dont know if it can be found on the web, but does anyone know where I might be able to find out which O levels I passed 25 years ago.

I know that I had 5 passes, but I can only remember 3 of them. Its probably old age affecting the memory.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I cant remember which o levels I passed

Originally Posted by furkew
I dont know if it can be found on the web, but does anyone know where I might be able to find out which O levels I passed 25 years ago.

I know that I had 5 passes, but I can only remember 3 of them. Its probably old age affecting the memory.
Did they have schools and stuff when yu were a lad
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:44 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Did they have schools and stuff when yu were a lad
Of course they did. That was the place with the bars on the windows.

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:20 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need to know what O-levels you passed 25 years ago?! How can this be relevant now? Write down the three you remember and make up the other two.

Gina
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

StevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud of

On my cv under the education title, I simply wrote O Level : English, Math, French, etc. I don't think any of us can or wish to remember the exact result It's really just a way of showing that you received formal education.

You would have to contact your old school to see if they had the pass records on archive, but no prospective employer could check your details as they're not public record. CV's are simply a matter of trust.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:56 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I usually put down the number of O levels I got and say includes English and Maths as these are usually the 2 they want. I guess you have lost your certificates which you would need to prove you got the O levels anyway - so unless you can get proof you can probably say what you want!

I did mine 24 years ago and the exam boards for me were the University of Oxford and The Associated Examing Board - I don't know if you could try and trace your results through exam boards.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't remember putting any down ...I just put my A - Levels and Degrees
Just put the qualifications that are immediately relevant / those that supercede the the 'minor' ones.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

CarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant future

Hi. Maybe this will help:
http://www.qca.org.uk/12259.html
Different schools opted for different boards I remember - it wasn't always the most obvious geographic area. I was in London and we had the ULSEB exams.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
I can't remember putting any down ...I just put my A - Levels and Degrees
Just put the qualifications that are immediately relevant / those that supercede the the 'minor' ones.
Indeed - in the same way I never put down the 10 shop jobs I had when I was 16. Who cares(!) If you do put down minor or irrelevant jobs you just put down the 'sexy' ones to give people the extent of your experience or ability in a niche market - which people read and think - I want to interview this person to see what they look like! That's what female recruiters tell me anyhow....

Having said that I do put down secondary education just '8 O levels inc Maths and English'.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:56 pm
Going for a ride

thanks for the replies guys and gals.

I spoke to my agent and he said the same, not to worry too much. just fill in the amount of passes.

I'm just paranoid that after all the time it's taken to get this far :curse: , I don't want to stumble at the last hurdle, so i'm making sure EVERYTHING is right.

(p.s. its for a 457 application)