Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I want to live in australia

I want to live in australia

Old Oct 21st 2017, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

LucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really niceLucasHood is just really nice
Default I want to live in australia

'm 39 year old single male with no sale dependents . I have nothing really to keep me in Ireland and I've become very bored and disillusioned with the place. � I have a brother in Melbourne who is an Australian citizen who � I visit twice a year . He'd love me to move over and I save all my cash for 2 vacations a year . The problem is that my occupation of chemist was taken off the skills list back in July of this year . I'm hoping it comes back on the stsol next January even if that's unlikely. � I would also appreciate any advice for reskilling in a career that's in demand in Australia and one I could do relatively quick. � At 39 . Time isn't on my� side
Old Oct 21st 2017, 12:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to live in australia

What if you reskill for something that is taken off the list in 2019? Chasing a career just because you think it will lead to a visa is a plan likely to end in frustration and disappointment.

If you're visiting Australia twice a year, doesn't your brother know any single Australian ladies he could introduce you to?
Old Oct 21st 2017, 1:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As Beoz mentioned in a previous thread back in July, are you able to transfer any of your skills/qualifications to a different profession that is on the list? Have you looked into the requirements for all the other professions that could with a bit of working get you in? Only you know your exact skills and what you're capable of learning so go through the lists and have a good study of what you could do. None of us can do that for you.

Unfortunately a working visa is not a given and not everyone can move here no matter how much they want to and as you've already discovered, just because something is on the list this year doesn't mean it will be next year or three years down the line.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 2:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Chemist is on the list for 457, 186 and 187 visas. Is it possible that you work for an international employer with an Australian office? If not, is there one you could work for that could transfer you? Last option would be to try and find an employer who needs your skills enough to sponsor you.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucasHood
'm 39 year old single male with no sale dependents . I have nothing really to keep me in Ireland and I've become very bored and disillusioned with the place. � I have a brother in Melbourne who is an Australian citizen who � I visit twice a year . He'd love me to move over and I save all my cash for 2 vacations a year . The problem is that my occupation of chemist was taken off the skills list back in July of this year . I'm hoping it comes back on the stsol next January even if that's unlikely. � I would also appreciate any advice for reskilling in a career that's in demand in Australia and one I could do relatively quick. � At 39 . Time isn't on my� side
Haven't we been through this before?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 7:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Haven't we been through this before?
Yes. However it appears that we have to go through it all again.