Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i cant get no sleep!!

i cant get no sleep!!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:41 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default i cant get no sleep!!

the house is now up for sale, there is a picture of it in the estates agents window!! and we now await the call's for viewings!!

Since we put the house up i have hardly slept a wink!!? i dont know why? dont get me wrong this is certainly not second thoughts, i think i am viewing it as a watershed? one of the major steps forward?

When we bought the house we both viewed it as our investment for the kids, and i think most folk see their home as there security and something to fall back on etc etc, my second daughter was born in this house and it has been the one & only house me & donna have ever bought so it holds fond memories too!!

Sorry to go on i am not usually a worrier but the past wee while has seen me with my head jammed firmly up my backside!!

Cheers all.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:51 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: i cant get no sleep!!

Originally posted by madsad
the house is now up for sale, there is a picture of it in the estates agents window!! and we now await the call's for viewings!!

Since we put the house up i have hardly slept a wink!!? i dont know why? dont get me wrong this is certainly not second thoughts, i think i am viewing it as a watershed? one of the major steps forward?

When we bought the house we both viewed it as our investment for the kids, and i think most folk see their home as there security and something to fall back on etc etc, my second daughter was born in this house and it has been the one & only house me & donna have ever bought so it holds fond memories too!!

Sorry to go on i am not usually a worrier but the past wee while has seen me with my head jammed firmly up my backside!!

Cheers all.
Brandy.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:01 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Think positive............new life, just round the corner !

all the best plum
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:14 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Agree with Plumb, the house has been a good investment towards your new life so its served you well.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:31 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by the plumber
Think positive............new life, just round the corner !

all the best plum

cheers plumber, it is not that i am not thinking positive. i cant wait and i suppose memories will always stay with me.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

For me, selling the house has been the only real tear jerker - lived there so long, our only house 'together', brought both the babies home there ( and concieved them! ), got engaged there, carried me over the threshold there and so on and so on

Been living at the m-i-l's for 9 wks now and i'm glad we've had that time here, made me realise that a home is where you make it and who's in it that counts.

Good luck.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It's the worry of the hoos sale but I asked Phoenix to wave her wand so fingers crossed
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:12 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers all.
Im the same sweetie!
Ours goes on the market tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:scared: :scared:
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:16 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all.
Donna/ Mal

Remind me: what is sleep??!!!

Got it: grey hair and black bags under eyes because I don't get sleep.

The condition is called visarocious

Walla
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:34 pm

Originally posted by walla1
Donna/ Mal

Remind me: what is sleep??!!!

Got it: grey hair and black bags under eyes because I don't get sleep.

The condition is called visarocious

Walla
Cheers mate!! the fact my youngest daughter currently thinks that mum & dad's bed is actually her bed does not help!!! only jokin me & donna get to sleep together for at least 3 hours a night!!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:06 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

When we bought the house we both viewed it as our investment for the kids, and i think most folk see their home as there security and something to fall back on etc etc,
My house is just somewhere I sleep most nights We've accepted an offer and I'm not sad at all about leaving it. More sad seeing all the crap in the garage ready to car-boot - even though it is just crap, it's my crap and it's taken me years to gather
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Now I've got that bloody Faithless song running round my head
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

madsad,

I know exactly how you feel!. Weve just accepted an offer on our house which was our 1st home (it was only up for 2 weeks). Like you weve had many happy memories there and I lie in bed through the night thinking "now we have to close this account", "close that membership", "sell those shares" etc.
I'm starting to come to terms with it now and slowly getting a little more sleep that last week which I averaged at 3hrs a night.

If its any consolation, thousands have gone through this before us and thousands will go through it after us!

Sunday too I will be carbooting our cherished items for appitance, breaks your heart doesnt it. Onwards and sideways!

Keep looking forward!

all the best,
65KK

Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:48 pm

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Now I've got that bloody Faithless song running round my head
classic tune!!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:49 pm

Originally posted by 65 million
madsad,

I know exactly how you feel!. Weve just accepted an offer on our house which was our 1st home (it was only up for 2 weeks). Like you weve had many happy memories there and I lie in bed through the night thinking "now we have to close this account", "close that membership", "sell those shares" etc.
I'm starting to come to terms with it now and slowly getting a little more sleep that last week which I averaged at 3hrs a night.

If its any consolation, thousands have gone through this before us and thousands will go through it after us!

Sunday too I will be carbooting our cherished items for appitance, breaks your heart doesnt it. Onwards and sideways!

Keep looking forward!

all the best,
65KK

cheers 65, reality bites as they say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.