Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i cant get no sleep!!

i cant get no sleep!!

Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

It was amazing how much crap we had accumulated over the nine years in our house. It took two skips to get rid of what family didn't want.
The day we moved out Ann-Marie had tears rolling downn her cheeks because ( as mentioned above ) we had some VERY fond memories of that house and it kind of comes to a head. Everything seems so much closer and real.
Definate steps to emigrating :
Making the step from talking about to investigating.
Making step from investigating to actually proceeding.
Telling family and friends.
Applying and ( hopefully ) receiving visa.
Selling house.
Handing in notice at work.
Actually leaving work, ( this one was strange for me, i enjoyed my job, got on well with everyone etc. and my last day was a very sombre one indeed, still went to the pub on the way home though and got bladdered )
Leaving party.
Saying goodbye to family and friends......( still to do that one yet )
Actually getting on that bird......( and that one )
With each step you get that bit closer and things start getting more and more serious, it's definately a rollercoaster of emotions.

Hope your house sells quickly.
Paul
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
It was amazing how much crap we had accumulated over the nine years in our house. It took two skips to get rid of what family didn't want.
The day we moved out Ann-Marie had tears rolling downn her cheeks because ( as mentioned above ) we had some VERY fond memories of that house and it kind of comes to a head. Everything seems so much closer and real.
Definate steps to emigrating :
Making the step from talking about to investigating.
Making step from investigating to actually proceeding.
Telling family and friends.
Applying and ( hopefully ) receiving visa.
Selling house.
Handing in notice at work.
Actually leaving work, ( this one was strange for me, i enjoyed my job, got on well with everyone etc. and my last day was a very sombre one indeed, still went to the pub on the way home though and got bladdered )
Leaving party.
Saying goodbye to family and friends......( still to do that one yet )
Actually getting on that bird......( and that one )
With each step you get that bit closer and things start getting more and more serious, it's definately a rollercoaster of emotions.

Hope your house sells quickly.
Paul
This says it all Paul..........many have been here before and many have yet to start the process...it is a roller coaster of emotions.

Sandra
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

bamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey malky,

its only bricks and mortar!! memories are in your heart not a house. cant wait to see u all. i was never sad to leave our house for some reason, must have always knew that something better was round the corner. and i was right!

the bams
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

bamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

paul,

i agree with u and how to go.

the last two are the hardest as we done it 1 year ago. leaving work for me was hard as i had a lot of good friends and enjoyed work. the nights out were even better though. wouldnt like to do the family and airport again, one of the hardest things i have ever had to do. anyway a year down the line and i still miss family but not the place. will be all tears and snotters again in weeks when mum and dad come to visit from scotland, looking forward to it but not saying goodbye again. hope everything goes well and remember look forward not back

cats
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:24 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i cant get no sleep!!

Originally posted by madsad
the house is now up for sale, there is a picture of it in the estates agents window!! and we now await the call's for viewings!!

Since we put the house up i have hardly slept a wink!!? i dont know why? dont get me wrong this is certainly not second thoughts, i think i am viewing it as a watershed? one of the major steps forward?

When we bought the house we both viewed it as our investment for the kids, and i think most folk see their home as there security and something to fall back on etc etc, my second daughter was born in this house and it has been the one & only house me & donna have ever bought so it holds fond memories too!!

Sorry to go on i am not usually a worrier but the past wee while has seen me with my head jammed firmly up my backside!!

Cheers all.
Aw stop greetin' lol
think of all the cash u will have to buy me a beer. dont worry u will sleep that night after the shock of going to the bar

wish u luck on the house. i just found that bit a pain. i just felt like saying to people...look do u want it, have u got the cash. well take the hoose and geez ma money