Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Can't Find Any Tins of Baked Beans and Pork Sausages

I Can't Find Any Tins of Baked Beans and Pork Sausages

Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light
Default I Can't Find Any Tins of Baked Beans and Pork Sausages

Revolting to some I know but I loved my little Heinz tins of beans and sausages. Can't find any in Coles or Woolies so am assuming they aren't made here. Anyone spotted them in the various UK food import shops?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I Can't Find Any Tins of Baked Beans and Pork Sausages

http://www.heinz.com.au/Food/fooddet...+with+Sausages

Just found these on Heinz' website. Never seen these in the supermarkets though.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 77hil

Just found these on Heinz' website. Never seen these in the supermarkets though.
I've seen these recently in our local Coles and Safeway.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:54 am
ABCDiamond

They have them in our Woolworths.

Old Jul 16th 2010, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

They have them here too. In abundance!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Revolting to some I know but I loved my little Heinz tins of beans and sausages. Can't find any in Coles or Woolies so am assuming they aren't made here. Anyone spotted them in the various UK food import shops?
IGA, Woolworths, Coles all have them - they are not made by Heinz though. Look for a red tin where they keep the beans - the same company makes spaghetti etc etc in tins but I can't remember the damn name.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 10:32 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

These remind me of being drunk, and then, hungover. When we lived in a village in Surrey (even though it's technically London!) everything closed at 9pm so when the husband and I would roll home pished at 2/3/4am, there was no chance of a kebab on the way. So we'd keep a few tins of these handy (c'mon, they're one step up from a Pot Noodle right?!) to have with two slices of white bread. Yum! They truly are disgusting though...

Tx
Old Jul 16th 2010, 10:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
IGA, Woolworths, Coles all have them - they are not made by Heinz though. Look for a red tin where they keep the beans - the same company makes spaghetti etc etc in tins but I can't remember the damn name.
Do you mean these ones...

Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Found em!

Cheers for all the help! Found em today at Coles in Manly. I think I was fixed on the Heinz brand so completely passed these Wattie's ones which are Heinz by another name. I'm well chuffed.

Big question is, will they taste as good as the UK ones? We'll see.

Cheers everyone......you'll probably hear my farts soon!