Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I cant believe I'm typing this - WE'RE MOVING TO PERTH!

I cant believe I'm typing this - WE'RE MOVING TO PERTH!

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:40 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I cant believe I'm typing this - WE'RE MOVING TO PERTH!

Originally Posted by ukmouse
BTW......

.....still excited!!!!!!!
That's fantastic! I'm glad you're still excited after all the goings on in your thread. I also love to see that you don't let this sort of thing phase you much, you'll fit right in on here!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

What a day its been. My job offer in Perth has been confirmed. Coming out on 457. Fantastic job, really pleased and they seem a great bunch of people. Obviously still lots to go through but we're savouring this moment before we start thinking about all that.

WOW!

I cant believe it - we're all in shock but SO excited! It doesn't seem real but I've had it in writing (have to keep reading it to check )

I cant believe I can finally post on here and say

'HEY AUSTRALIA - WE'RE ON OUR WAY'

Cheers everyone... what a great day!
An early "welcome to Australia!!!". Your excitement is infectious. Have you been to Perth before? Tell us more about your situation if you don't mind.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

BTW......

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

BTW......

Chin up! All the very best.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fish.01
An early "welcome to Australia!!!". Your excitement is infectious. Have you been to Perth before? Tell us more about your situation if you don't mind.
Hi there... see 'the naughty posts' have been removed which makes one of mine look a bit obselete but hey ho

Well basically, as you asked... about us.

Never been to Perth.
Never been to Australia.
It's an adventure!

We've been married 5 years (no kiddies) and basically we've had the crapest year on record here in UK. Started to think about moving on out for work reasons. We researched lots of countries and when doing the 'job prospect' thing we settled on Australia but to be honest I don't think either of us really thought we'd get the opportunity to move, especially as all the job ads read 'must have the right to work in the Australia', but we thought, what the heck - send the CVs.

At this stage it was: Cat in hells chance.

We had some great advice about going for the 457 (having looked at PR which I suppose most do at the start). I had earmarked a company as my No. 1 choice and sent them, and the rest of Australia, my CV. We also earmarked Brisbane as a Plan B.

We researched into Oz, homes, lifestyle, work, locations, cost of living, activities, everything really.

At this stage it became: The Pipe Dream.

Suddenly, responses to job applications started coming through. I was getting invites to telephone and Skype interviews.

At this stage it became: OMG...Oz wants to talk to us.

Then my No.1 choice got in touch and I had a couple of interviews and they said they were interested.

Taking a quote from the Bad Boys movie we moved into the 'This s**t just got real!!' stage.

Thereafter it was OMG its happening. The job was in Perth so I researched the hell out of it, so much that at my 'Moving to Oz' interview I sadly even knew the train journey times into the CBD and how much a packet of Coco Pops was

Last week, we got the news.

JOB OFFER.
SPONSORSHIP.

So know, shell shocked, pinching ourselves and totally excited at the new opportunities ahead we are at the: We're moving to Perth stage!

There's the visa app to do of course, the x-rays, police checks etc etc etc but we are just delighted we are at this place.

We know they'll be things we dont like, challenges and downsides, but hey, we have that here...that's part of life and just means a rounded experience. Its the positives, hopes and dreams that we are celebrating.

So... Australia here we come and thank you for inviting us!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

That's fab!
Go for it & enjoy!
What's to lose?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
That's fab!
Go for it & enjoy!
What's to lose?
That is so true... we're flying under the banner of 'Why wouldn't we go?"

Other than friends and family (which is a given tie)... there is nothing keeping us here.. !!!

The folks are just delighted that their holiday destinations are now secured for at least the next four years!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is agreat opportunity & you should make the most of it.
For some it does not prove to be the right move but at least they gave it a go which takes huge guts.
If it is the long term thing you may hope for or not, you will surely gain by the experience & those who say they did not, really are poor indeed!
Have fun & well done
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there... see 'the naughty posts' have been removed which makes one of mine look a bit obselete but hey ho

Never been to Perth.
Never been to Australia.
It's an adventure!

We've been married 5 years (no kiddies) and basically we've had the crapest year on record here in UK. Started to think about moving on out for work reasons. We researched lots of countries and when doing the 'job prospect' thing we settled on Australia but to be honest I don't think either of us really thought we'd get the opportunity to move, especially as all the job ads read 'must have the right to work in the Australia', but we thought, what the heck - send the CVs.

We had some great advice about going for the 457 (having looked at PR which I suppose most do at the start). I had earmarked a company as my No. 1 choice and sent them, and the rest of Australia, my CV. We also earmarked Brisbane as a Plan B.

We researched into Oz, homes, lifestyle, work, locations, cost of living, activities, everything really.

Suddenly, responses to job applications started coming through. I was getting invites to telephone and Skype interviews.

Then my No.1 choice got in touch and I had a couple of interviews and they said they were interested.

Taking a quote from the Bad Boys movie we moved into the 'This s**t just got real!!' stage.

Thereafter it was OMG its happening. The job was in Perth so I researched the hell out of it, so much that at my 'Moving to Oz' interview I sadly even knew the train journey times into the CBD and how much a packet of Coco Pops was

JOB OFFER.
SPONSORSHIP.

So know, shell shocked, pinching ourselves and totally excited at the new opportunities ahead we are at the: We're moving to Perth stage!

There's the visa app to do of course, the x-rays, police checks etc etc etc but we are just delighted we are at this place.

We know they'll be things we dont like, challenges and downsides, but hey, we have that here...that's part of life and just means a rounded experience. Its the positives, hopes and dreams that we are celebrating.

That's fantastic....I don't know how much other major world travelling you've already done but when I traveled/lived in other countries it changed me (after a few years). You really start to see the whole world differently and understand how similar most countries/people are.

At the start it tends to draw out your defensive nationalistic side as you are out of your comfort zone dealing with people who are on the other side from a country/sporting/etc standpoint (specially with blokes) but you eventually learn that every country has its share of over nationalistic twats (you even start to notice the one's in your own country more) and decent people and you then try to make sure you become one of/and hang around the decent one's

It also makes you feel like you can pop over to any country and check it out without much hassle - all the mental barriers are stripped away.

I hope Australia treats you well and you gel with the lifestyle on offer. Good luck!!!!!!!

Funny how that little decision to send the CV's has changed your life From little things big things grow....
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
It is agreat opportunity & you should make the most of it.
For some it does not prove to be the right move but at least they gave it a go which takes huge guts.
If it is the long term thing you may hope for or not, you will surely gain by the experience & those who say they did not, really are poor indeed!
Have fun & well done
As ever wise words from Sallyclaire. Congratulations and good luck UKMouse. Please keep us posted on your new adventure

Mx
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fish.01

Funny how that little decision to send the CV's has changed your life From little things big things grow....
I remember sending the first CV out thinking 'this is ridiculous and I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.'

I am so glad I decided 'what the heck'!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Never been to Perth.
Never been to Australia.
It's an adventure!

JOB OFFER.
SPONSORSHIP.

A great and inspiring post . You dared to dream that it could happen, put research and effort into it and now it's about to become reality . Well done for all your hard work and effort
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:20 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

PS: I'm so jealous :greenmonster:
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Never been to Perth.
Never been to Australia.
It's an adventure!

JOB OFFER.
SPONSORSHIP.

A very similar story to our own. We've been here 15 months now and haven't looked back. It's been hard at times and everything isn't perfect, but it's a work in progress that you have to put the time and effort in to get the rewards.
Hope everything works out for you.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
A very similar story to our own. We've been here 15 months now and haven't looked back. It's been hard at times and everything isn't perfect, but it's a work in progress that you have to put the time and effort in to get the rewards.
Hope everything works out for you.
Hey Geordiebloke... Ocean Reef? Perth? One of the places we've been looking at. I'd welcome any advice on the NOR suburbs. I've also looked at SOR near the riverside (Como areas etc).

Any advice, do's and don't would be greatfully received.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.