Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can't believe the difference in the price of flights ...

I can't believe the difference in the price of flights ...

Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:24 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can't believe the difference in the price of flights ...

I have been dreaming of the day we can actually book our flights to Perth! We hope to be able to fly end of March and are just waiting for our visas. I tapped into Ebookers (thinking of those nectar points!) and selected the one way option for the 28.3.06 - it brought up a BA flight for £1049!!!!!!!! I can't believe it is so expensive.

I thought I would just have a look at the cost of a return flight thinking that I could bin the return ticket if it worked out cheaper ... it was £667 flying out on the same day.

I then selected 2 adults and 1 child (thinking I might take the hubby and little one with me) and the cost reduced to £623.

What's going on????? Does anyone know whether we still get the increase migrant baggage allowance if we book return flights? Blimey I'm confused! Katy x
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't believe the difference in the price of flights ...

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
I have been dreaming of the day we can actually book our flights to Perth! We hope to be able to fly end of March and are just waiting for our visas. I tapped into Ebookers (thinking of those nectar points!) and selected the one way option for the 28.3.06 - it brought up a BA flight for £1049!!!!!!!! I can't believe it is so expensive.

I thought I would just have a look at the cost of a return flight thinking that I could bin the return ticket if it worked out cheaper ... it was £667 flying out on the same day.

I then selected 2 adults and 1 child (thinking I might take the hubby and little one with me) and the cost reduced to £623.

What's going on????? Does anyone know whether we still get the increase migrant baggage allowance if we book return flights? Blimey I'm confused! Katy x
No you only get more allowance on an emmigration trip.

Have you shopped around, I find BA very expensive. Cheapes tI've found is singapore airlines.

www.singaporeair.com
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:42 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

when is Easter this year - may have something to do with it?

Over £1k pp 1 way is high - I think it is around mid April that fares get cheaper (than March). We are paying around £1100 with Singapore Airlines 1 way to Syd in Feb - try the website already mentioned
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
when is Easter this year - may have something to do with it?

Over £1k pp 1 way is high - I think it is around mid April that fares get cheaper (than March). We are paying around £1100 with Singapore Airlines 1 way to Syd in Feb - try the website already mentioned

Singapore are £1760 for 3rd March for 4 of us. 3 full fare 1 child. That's including tax etc
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:49 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions. UK Easter school hols is the 1st two weeks in April and we are hoping to have left by then really. Even after the Easter hols have finished the prices are still over £1,000.

Thanks for the recommendation of Singapore airlines. I have flown with them before and they are really good. We thought we would try and fly BA/Qantas because we have got their frequent flyer card and have quite a few points already. I'm a sucker for points but not at that cost.

It looks like Royal Brunei have a good value one way flight at £381. Are they any good??
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:50 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

the price I stated above is for 2 adults one infant
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:54 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katy,
Have a look on ebookers, I looked on here the other day .......good fares !!
Jane xx
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions. UK Easter school hols is the 1st two weeks in April and we are hoping to have left by then really. Even after the Easter hols have finished the prices are still over £1,000.

Thanks for the recommendation of Singapore airlines. I have flown with them before and they are really good. We thought we would try and fly BA/Qantas because we have got their frequent flyer card and have quite a few points already. I'm a sucker for points but not at that cost.

It looks like Royal Brunei have a good value one way flight at £381. Are they any good??
hi Katy,someone said yesterday that they were meant to be good but they dont serve alcohol.Im sorry but i would need a drink for such a long flight.I need two drinks on an irish flight.p.s try emirates with travelbag.plus we got a quote at thomas cook for 2600 open return 2 adults and two kids with Cathay pacific.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:57 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Talking Re: I can't believe the difference in the price of flights ...

we got our tickets lat week from expedia.co.uk we are going in march. we are using emirate airlines the price we got £430.00 each all in £860.00 this includes booking tax fee e.t.c. this is one stop of glasgow to dubai then to perth.

john