Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can see the sky again

I can see the sky again

Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I can see the sky again

Hi,After a magical first 6 months in south australia we returned(because of family illness)to the uk for 3 weeks on 31st march.I joked with an aussie freind that I would count how many days we had rain while we were there.Well the result was 18 out of twenty with rain at some point,quite a lot torrential!!Our time was split between romford essex(we now know again why we left ,what a dump)and gourock,scotland(wet wet wet).Well we are now in no doubts where we are better off,you cannot compare the places.When we landed in adelaide this morning at 7am it was still warm and I believe was 28c today.The sky was the blue that you get used to in sa and the walk on the prom at glenelg was just what we needed after our hassles of travel.People on this site in the past have argued that climate should not be a reason to emigrate.Sorry but thats bollocks!! If you live for example in the west of scotland the weather rules your life.My freinds do lots with there kids and while we were staying with them had to cancel all sorts of activities with them because of rain ,leaving them well pissed off.So weather is an important part of some peoples decisions.Anyway we are delighted we are back and apart from the usual missing rellys etc ,know by immigrating to SA have made the best decision we are ever likely to make.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya Jockney

How are you? Glad to hear that you are having a great time.

Hope that the family are well

regards
debs
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:07 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi jockney,
was only thinking to myself yesterday i wonder how you were getting on in adelaide! remember you saying you were working on the new apartments that overlooked where nicky (podgypossum) went for breakfast!!
Glad you are enjoying it........!

sue
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Hope all are well now.
Am in Romford at the moment...our visas have been granted and we are just putting the house on the market ready to head off to Adelaide later this year...Glad to hear Adelaide is better than rainy Romford! I won't miss it!
Susan
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:41 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad you found time to come and see us Graeme. Adelaide is obviously doing wonders for you all. Eileen looks great and Ella has got so much bigger. We'll be leaving Hornchurch for Adelaide as soon as this house sells, mate!

Hope you all had a good flight back and see you soon.

Steve.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:00 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad having a great time !!!!:PARTY:

Yes weather is a big thing your right!!!!!!

katherine
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi..climate is amassive reason for us going..

Main reason is this...kids are happier outside and so are we..over here you get out one day every fortnight if you are lucky!!!Glad you are pleased with the move.....now wheres that visa????LOL

cheers

scott
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:07 am
Badge

yup blue skies and blazing sun even in Melbourne the last 4 days.

Shame it is supposed to change tomorrow as MrsB arrives on Sat.
Still, the sun may make an appearance yet..

BM

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

great to see you back in one piece, hope all went well in blighty.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:24 am
Just Joined

lon2mel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I can see the sky again

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jockney

who loves ozzy!!we do;we do!!

its the best move we could ever of done.

the kids are so happy,the weather have really changed their social life compared to london.they can skate/bike with their mates almost every day.

we did have the odd cold or damp day in the last couple of weeks in mel,but it feels different in a nice way,as its not days on end.

it also makes you appreciate the hotter days more.

we have just come back from mordialloc after eating at that lovely
roast meat and potato from that place on corner.

i havent yet found anything i dont like about oz so far.

good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sunny_samantha
Hope all are well now.
Am in Romford at the moment...our visas have been granted and we are just putting the house on the market ready to head off to Adelaide later this year...Glad to hear Adelaide is better than rainy Romford! I won't miss it!
Susan
Hi susan,Dont believe in slaging the places off you used to live in but romford was a bit of a shock after 6 months here.We used to back on to oldchurch park and I fought the council as much as anyone not to sell the park for the building of the hospital.Nobody listens!!The park is gone forever with the loss of 6 football pitches,cricket pitch and acres of that rare comodity in the south east SPACE.Have you met steve bannister yet at any of the essex meets?If not you should go as we met really nice people at them who were helpful and are freinds with some now here in adelaide.best of luck with your quest see you on the sunny side graeme
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by debsy
Hiya Jockney

How are you? Glad to hear that you are having a great time.

Hope that the family are well

regards
debs
Thanks debs everyones well,are you not in oz yet.mind you living in the med is certainly more appealing than uk.I`LL attach a pici of not so wee ella now god time fly`s.They get big to quick. graeme
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi debs,Singapore at its best!!!
Attached Thumbnails I can see the sky again-singapore.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by jockney
Hi susan,Dont believe in slaging the places off you used to live in but romford was a bit of a shock after 6 months here.We used to back on to oldchurch park and I fought the council as much as anyone not to sell the park for the building of the hospital.Nobody listens!!The park is gone forever with the loss of 6 football pitches,cricket pitch and acres of that rare comodity in the south east SPACE.Have you met steve bannister yet at any of the essex meets?If not you should go as we met really nice people at them who were helpful and are freinds with some now here in adelaide.best of luck with your quest see you on the sunny side graeme

Hiya,

Interesting to read you used to back onto Oldchurch Park, so did we in Norwood Avenue, small world isn't it. We now live in Upminster but I must admit we were happier living in Romford.

Can't wait to sell and move out, hopefully before Christmas
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jwinch
Hiya,

Interesting to read you used to back onto Oldchurch Park, so did we in Norwood Avenue, small world isn't it. We now live in Upminster but I must admit we were happier living in Romford.

Can't wait to sell and move out, hopefully before Christmas
God it is a small world thats where we were staying last 107 norwood at my mother in laws.Great view of the tower cranes!!!! graeme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.