Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can only laugh

I can only laugh

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road
Default I can only laugh

I am laughing here coz they ask for the details of your parents, brothers and sisters on form 47SK. My husband has 11 brothers and sisters and I have 12. Well, it could be worst - imagine if they asked for our nephews and nieces details???? :scared:
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:54 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can only laugh

Originally Posted by Rose12
I am laughing here coz they ask for the details of your parents, brothers and sisters on form 47SK. My husband has 11 brothers and sisters and I have 12. Well, it could be worst - imagine if they asked for our nephews and nieces details???? :scared:
Blimey - I guess they didnt have central heating then

Sel x
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:56 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Good lord, are you Catholic? Where are you heading
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Worst bit is trying to get their middle names out of them! One of my Brother in laws has the middle name "Mary", he wasn't too happy parting with that bit of info!
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

One of my customers in the UK had a similar long list, he tried applying quite a few years back, they didn't let him in, the reason given too many brothers and sisters! I hope they don't do things like that anymore!!
Jenny
Forum Regular

They didn't. Actually, there was no TV, internet and I suppose that women did not know the "head ache" excuse he he he. So, what else could they do to not get bored???

Actually, my in law had 23 children - 12 died while still babies.
To compensate, we haVE none YET!

Originally Posted by sel
Blimey - I guess they didnt have central heating then

Sel x
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Oh my God, you did scare me know.
Do you think they can refuse our application for this reason????

Originally Posted by jensteve
One of my customers in the UK had a similar long list, he tried applying quite a few years back, they didn't let him in, the reason given too many brothers and sisters! I hope they don't do things like that anymore!!
Jenny
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 10:03 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

They didn't. Actually, there was no TV, internet and I suppose that women did not know the "head ache" excuse he he he. So, what else could they do to not get bored???

Actually, my in law had 23 children - 12 died while still babies.
To compensate, we haVE none YET!
Ive got two and they wear me out !!!

At least you will know what your doing when yours come along.

Sel x
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 10:34 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Glad I don't have to buy for your family at christmas!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:45 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Oh my God, you did scare me know.
Do you think they can refuse our application for this reason????
I don't think they do it any more, he told me it was to stop very large extended asian (or similar)families from bringing their entire families over. Fingers crossed they don't think that way any more.
Jenny
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 3:12 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

At least you don't have to worry too much about upsetting family when you tell them. You could be in Australia years before they even notice you have gone!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jenny
Even if they do we should not have any problem coz all our brothers and sisters are over 45 so to me to bring them here I would need to win the 18 million Tatslotto to sponsor them all, besides, none of them speaks English.

I don't think they do it any more, he told me it was to stop very large extended asian (or similar)families from bringing their entire families over. Fingers crossed they don't think that way any more.
Jenny
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 12:05 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the bright side, at least you don't have 12 spouses!
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

If I had 12 spouses I would be mad :scared: , hence, I would not be eligible to apply for a visa he he he.

cheers

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Look at the bright side, at least you don't have 12 spouses!
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 12:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny
I'd be very surprised if that's the *real* reason he was refused.
It is certainly no basis to refuse an application under today's law.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.