Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can´t give up...That´s my dream

I can´t give up...That´s my dream

Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Deia is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I can´t give up...That´s my dream

I´m studying for NAATI examination in order to elect translator as my profession as well getting the 5 bonus points. I´ve looked at the points test and came to the following calculation:
- Skill = 60
- Age = 25 (I´m 30)
- English = 20
- Bonus Points NAATI= 5

I´m thinking of taking a 2 years diploma course in a regional area in order to get the 10 other points I need. I mean:
- 5 points for Australian diploma +
- 5 points for Regional Australia

Does my plan seem suitable?
I was previously considering points for specific work experience (36/48), but as I lived in Australia from May 2003 to July 2004 I have a gap of 14 months and can´t meet this criteria.

Finally, an immigration agent in Brazil told me that all aplicants who have completed any Bachelor degree get 5 points more. I couldn´t find this info anywhere. Have anyone heard about that? He seems a very confused professional.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Deia

Last edited by Deia; Dec 25th 2004 at 10:02 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 7:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can´t give up...That´s my dream

Originally Posted by Deia

Finally, an immigration agent in Brazil told me that all aplicants who have completed any Bachelor degree get 5 points more. I couldn´t find this info anywhere. Have anyone heard about that? He seems a very confused professional.
1. Is that immigration agent in Brazil MARA registered? http://www.themara.com.au

2. The information you appear to have been given is incorrect. Have you read the information on the DIMIA website.

3. Your Australian qualification must be relevant to your nominated occupation.

4. Can you be sure the requirements for immigration will be the same in 2 years?

Obviously you need to be sure you can meet all the migration requirements as they are currently, plus be sure you can afford to study for 2 years in Australia.

Jeremy