Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

A while ago i posted a thread on here saying that i had went to Australia, spent (admitedley) a very short time there, didnt like what i saw, and left. i thought being a member of this forum, i would at least get some understanding, i didnt. All i got was told that the thread was "comedy gold" and the personal attacks on me went on FAR too long before the moderators closed the thread. The upshot of it was, that i stayed away from here for a long time, as i was genuinely very upset at alot of the personal comments made, and quite frankly was really annoyed at how some of the more "popular" members on here got away with saying what they did.

Anyway, i am not here to moan. I am here to say i am going back, and this time, i am going back with my eyes open. I start a job with IBM as soon as i get there, and my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her. This time i really am looking forward to going, and just to getting my head down and getting on with. And after having talked to her for hours on the phone everday (you dont wanna see my phone bill) everything is good our world, and its time to take the next step, i am scared, but we can face our fears together.

whay am i posting this you might add? well basically, those who took the michael out of me, can go blow it our thier /\ss, and you know who you are.

flying out with Emirates on Saturday from Heathrow .... again !

see you on the other side!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:37 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i came, i saw, i didnt like, i left ... and now i am going back

Good luck with your 2nd attempt,
may you be happy in your new life, if you want it to work, it can work

Sending you K to help you on your way!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:38 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with the move mate, hope it's everything you wish it to be.

JKA
Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:45 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
A while ago i posted a thread on here saying that i had went to Australia, spent (admitedley) a very short time there, didnt like what i saw, and left. i thought being a member of this forum, i would at least get some understanding, i didnt. All i got was told that the thread was "comedy gold" and the personal attacks on me went on FAR too long before the moderators closed the thread. The upshot of it was, that i stayed away from here for a long time, as i was genuinely very upset at alot of the personal comments made, and quite frankly was really annoyed at how some of the more "popular" members on here got away with saying what they did.

Anyway, i am not here to moan. I am here to say i am going back, and this time, i am going back with my eyes open. I start a job with IBM as soon as i get there, and my other half has the house and car all arranged, with the funds i left her. This time i really am looking forward to going, and just to getting my head down and getting on with. And after having talked to her for hours on the phone everday (you dont wanna see my phone bill) everything is good our world, and its time to take the next step, i am scared, but we can face our fears together.

whay am i posting this you might add? well basically, those who took the michael out of me, can go blow it our thier /\ss, and you know who you are.

Good for you! I'm really pleased to hear that you're giving it another go. It's not easy but hope it works out this time - you're giving it your best shot and you can't do anymore than that.

Best of luck,

Nicky
Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:48 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

aww mate forget gold this is comedy platinum

karma sent and all the very best of luck 2nd time round
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck TGB,
I wish you and your family all the best - well done for giving it another go.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:46 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

more ping pongers... ...I'm feeling less 'weird' by the day! All the best....
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:46 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Good luck.

Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:48 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I take my hat off to you :
1). For returning to Aus and giving it another go
2). For returning to this site and letting us all know what is going on with your
life after being upset by past comments.
I wish you all the best and good luck for the future.
J x
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:06 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you, on all counts. I wish you the very best of luck. Safe flight.

Gill
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:10 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done Mate!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done Mate !!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move. Hope it all works out for you this time.

Scotschick
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

many thanx for all the kind words

isnt it wierd how all the wan|<ers who couldnt post fast enough to slag me off in the other thread are noticable by thier abscence in this one?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanx for all the kind words

isnt it wierd how all the wan|<ers who couldnt post fast enough to slag me off in the other thread are noticable by thier abscence in this one?
They're all in bed. It's only 5am here

All the best in your new life in Aus. Sometimes it takes a move back to appreciate things here in Aus and it can't have been easy for you.

Good luck and much happiness on your return
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and hope it's everything you want this time round. I know of several people who have gone back a second time and have loved it. (I'm just plucking up the courage to go for it again!! )

Where will you be based?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.