Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I blinked and missed it

I blinked and missed it

Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default I blinked and missed it

While busy filling in my executive day chatting with Ceri about the size of worms I missed the dollar going to 43p

Havent seen that for a while, hope it holds out till I hit Oxford Street in 13 days and eight hours
Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:26 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I blinked and missed it

Originally posted by dotty
While busy filling in my executive day chatting with Ceri about the size of worms I missed the dollar going to 43p

Havent seen that for a while, hope it holds out till I hit Oxford Street in 13 days and eight hours
Or until it hits your credit card statement....
Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by downunderpom
Or until it hits your credit card statement....
Gawd, you sound like HIM, anyway I have economised all year to prepare for this moment, dont buy anything non essential here we even bring back toothpaste!

Now stop nagging me, one husband is enough, plus I am trying to work out how much more pink picture railed border clad swirled carpeted tuscan yellow painted pommie house I can now neutralize
Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:36 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Gawd, you sound like HIM, anyway I have economised all year to prepare for this moment, dont buy anything non essential here we even bring back toothpaste!

Now stop nagging me, one husband is enough, plus I am trying to work out how much more pink picture railed border clad swirled carpeted tuscan yellow painted pommie house I can now neutralize
Yes dear. Sorry dear.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:48 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

climb some more... aren't we mean. Up and up ...

Hopefully I will go home when the dollar is strong , the house has doubled again , Britain has crashed.

Cheers

P.s the best way to shop is on the credit card... they give you a fair exchange rate in my past experience.

ahh b*llux to you... I'm jealous... Not that I want to go to London.. but still.. enjoy your Christmas.. ahh I want to go home for christmas.. sob sob.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 3:19 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

When I saw last night it was over 42p, it was inevitable it would get to 43p today and its still rising.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I made a duff move leaving my cash in the UK, but then again these things tend to be fairly cyclic. I suspect with more rate rises predicted over here the trend for a strong AUD will continue for a while yet. I reckon we'll get to 2.20 to the pound before things come back again.
I could live with that.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Dotty I have been watching trading spaces from the uk ....OMG...
Talk about pink and tuscan yellow they use orange and light green and purple. and these me old countrymen... smile those horrble grinny smiles and are yelling "I LOVE IT".. :scared: ......
Please do some more neautralizing while your there too ...
But have a great trip ...........
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I suppose at least some people are happy with the exchange rate, the rest of us just sit here dreaming about if only I had....last year!!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by tinaj
I suppose at least some people are happy with the exchange rate, the rest of us just sit here dreaming about if only I had....last year!!
Yeah but I assume you have to take account of one year's worth of your house price increasing in the UK - surely that wins over fx rates??

Always look on the bright side of life , da da, da da da da da da
Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

I wonder if anyone could provide a link to a graph showing the £ against the AU$ over the last few years. Be interesting to see if there is a pattern.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:44 pm
WBB

Originally posted by migrantoz
I wonder if anyone could provide a link to a graph showing the £ against the AU$ over the last few years. Be interesting to see if there is a pattern.

be prepared, it is not pretty!

history

Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:52 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
be prepared, it is not pretty!

history

Jesus -per 10K thats unbelievable

Am i right (or wrong as usual-setting myself up here for an as usual....)in thinking that it was in the 0.35 range last year for a consistant length of time?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:54 pm
WBB

Originally posted by seang
Jesus -per 10K thats unbelievable

Am i right (or wrong as usual-setting myself up here for an as usual....)in thinking that it was in the 0.35 range last year?

yes you are correct, at the beggining of this year it was about that.

it is heart breaking.

Old Nov 13th 2003, 12:50 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
yes you are correct, at the beggining of this year it was about that.

it is heart breaking.
Nothing that a relaxed lifestyle in OZ won't cure