Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I am so proud of my girl

I am so proud of my girl

Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am so proud of my girl

My daughter was chosen for an state inter school show jumping competition which she participated in heats today.

On Wednesday the horse she rides turned into a demon and threw her 4 times in under an hour, needless to say she was very nervous today.

In warm ups this morning at 9am she was dumped unceremoniously face down in the sand. At this point she freaked and said she wasn't going to go any further and please don't tell her off etc etc. She was literally sobbing and shaking She was due to jump off at 9.15.

Her riding instructor was there and basically told her to get over it and that she could do it and to at least try the first heat. What was the worse that could happen? Just go for it!

She did! She was eliminated for refusal but got through it and was immensely proud that she hadn't let Tom (the bloody horse!! ) down.

At this point i had to leave her and go to work, which i felt so bad for...

Second round was better as she knew the pressure was off as she couldn't win to go through to the finals and began enjoying herself a bit. By round three (Mum back up the hill) horse and rider were very tired and over it but did well.

She was just awesome! When we came here 22 months ago she rode but was nowhere near the confidence level she has gained here. Obviously this is down to a great instructor, but I'm also convinced it has something to do with the great Aussie ethos of sports and the give it a go attitude. You go Leah
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:25 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am so proud of my girl

Originally Posted by hevs
My daughter was chosen for an state inter school show jumping competition which she participated in heats today.

On Wednesday the horse she rides turned into a demon and threw her 4 times in under an hour, needless to say she was very nervous today.

In warm ups this morning at 9am she was dumped unceremoniously face down in the sand. At this point she freaked and said she wasn't going to go any further and please don't tell her off etc etc. She was literally sobbing and shaking She was due to jump off at 9.15.

Her riding instructor was there and basically told her to get over it and that she could do it and to at least try the first heat. What was the worse that could happen? Just go for it!

She did! She was eliminated for refusal but got through it and was immensely proud that she hadn't let Tom (the bloody horse!! ) down.

At this point i had to leave her and go to work, which i felt so bad for...

Second round was better as she knew the pressure was off as she couldn't win to go through to the finals and began enjoying herself a bit. By round three (Mum back up the hill) horse and rider were very tired and over it but did well.

She was just awesome! When we came here 22 months ago she rode but was nowhere near the confidence level she has gained here. Obviously this is down to a great instructor, but I'm also convinced it has something to do with the great Aussie ethos of sports and the give it a go attitude. You go Leah

Hevs thats awesome, big hugs for your Gal, and her bruised BUM !! lol

Well done to her for sticking at it when she could have easily done as the horse did and refuse at the first fence, so to speak !!!

Steve n Debs
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

That's fantastic!! What an achievement, you must be dead chuffed! She deserves a wee shopping trip at the weekend!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:33 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You have every right to be proud dad Hevs, what a great, determined girl How old is she?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
That's fantastic!! What an achievement, you must be dead chuffed! She deserves a wee shopping trip at the weekend!!
Shhhhh!! shes actually going on a canoeing camp with scouts at 7am

She says thanks
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
You have every right to be proud dad Hevs, what a great, determined girl How old is she?
Why am i a bloke all of a sudden again

Shes 11
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased to hear that there are no broken bones.
Tell her well done for giving it a go, especially with a monster horse. She's a braver girl than me!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

GOooooooo Leah!!!!

What fantastic news. Geez, I can hear the Aussie national anthem ringing in my ears again, green and gold silks ablaze!!!

Great to hear you're such a proud mum, Hevs.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Good on her!

The beginnings of great aussie spirit
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:37 am
Professional Princess

We could learn alot from your daughters attitude Hevs.

What a kid!

Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:43 am
Phoenixuk2oz

And so you should be proud.

Takes some guts to kick arse. Especially a horses

She's a girl wiv "go for it" attitude.

Just like her mad mum

Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:44 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

What a lass !!,Good on ya Leah for stickin with it

Donna.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well done Leah, your a wee star. Well not very wee, shes head & shoulders above her mum now.

Have a great weekend at camp & Hevs, we will see you tomorrow.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:33 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hey, that's great! Many congrats to Hevs' daughter - a plucky lass!

And to Hevs: do whatever you can to keep on her interested in horses for as long as possible - after that they go on to being interested in BOYS :scared:

Anya.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:37 am
Badge

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Hey, that's great! Many congrats to Hevs' daughter - a plucky lass!

And to Hevs: do whatever you can to keep on her interested in horses for as long as possible - after that they go on to being interested in BOYS :scared:

Anya.
On ya Miss Hevs - the expression "get back on the horse" doesn't come from nowhere..

Badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.