British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I am now a PR!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/i-am-now-pr-385304/)

TrickyTree Jul 17th 2006 5:12 am

I am now a PR!!!

Just to let anyone who is interested (and some time lines) know that I have now been granted my PR visa (for the de-facto spouse visa). The application was submitted on Friday 30th June and I got the letter back confirming I had passed on Friday 14th July (2 weeks).

A big thank you to everyone who has helped in the initial temp process and now the PR stage. :D

Had a few :beer: over the weekend to celebrate.

Pollyana Jul 17th 2006 5:16 am

Re: I am now a PR!!!

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Just to let anyone who is interested (and some time lines) know that I have now been granted my PR visa (for the de-facto spouse visa). The application was submitted on Friday 30th June and I got the letter back confirming I had passed on Friday 14th July (2 weeks).

A big thank you to everyone who has helped in the initial temp process and now the PR stage. :D

Brisbane DIMA have got quicker then!

Congrats :)

And as people said to me - you can split up now! :p

P S Forest Forever :) :)

Fiona&malc Jul 17th 2006 5:16 am

Congratulatations to you !!!!
Good luck with your new life :beer:

TrickyTree Jul 17th 2006 5:48 am

I was quite surprised by the speed of the whole process Polly.
And I have already let the other half know I can bale out now (not that I would)!!! ;) :D ;)

A new season for the reds with the usual pre season hopes which will no doubt be dashed by christmas.....YOU REDS!!! :D

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Brisbane DIMA have got quicker then!

Congrats

And as people said to me - you can split up now!

P S Forest Forever :) :)

Sam&Andy Jul 17th 2006 6:23 am

Congratulations!! My husband is coming up to the end of his temporary residence - what did you have to do? What was the application like? Do they send it to you or what? Sorry for all the questions but would just like to know what we are facing!!

Once again congratulations on PR!!!

SalSa Jul 17th 2006 7:56 am

Congratulations Tricky!! Well done!! :)

loz Jul 17th 2006 8:02 am

CONGRATULATIONS................................... .......enjoy your celebrations :beer: :beer:

Loz x

gina Jul 17th 2006 10:38 am

congratulations xxxxxxxxxxx

The Muppets Jul 17th 2006 11:16 am

Congratulations ;)

ElshaUK Jul 17th 2006 7:05 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

:beer:

liver bird Jul 17th 2006 7:30 pm

wow!! huge huge congatulations! am made up for you!
we're waiting to have our medicals (had our x rays and waiting for police checks) before sending in our application. We going to brisbane on the ENS, husband's new company sponsoring us for PR. Hope it goes through that quickly!!! blimey!!!

Ozzidoc Jul 17th 2006 7:32 pm

Fabulous news - well done. :)

thomas and sarahjayne Jul 17th 2006 8:29 pm

:beer: congratulations :beer:

TrickyTree Jul 17th 2006 11:06 pm

No need to worry it is a lot more straight forward than the initial process. DIMIA send the application to you a month or two before the deadline is due to expire. I had to get a police check from the Australian police force and submit that with evidence that we are still together (mortgage, bank account and leccy bills etc etc), 2 short forms, 2 stat decs from family and a stat dec from myself and the other half. I think that was all and the decision was made pretty quickly.

All the best.

Originally Posted by Sam&Andy
Congratulations!! My husband is coming up to the end of his temporary residence - what did you have to do? What was the application like? Do they send it to you or what? Sorry for all the questions but would just like to know what we are facing!!

Once again congratulations on PR!!!

Pollyana Jul 18th 2006 2:50 am

No need to worry it is a lot more straight forward than the initial process. DIMIA send the application to you a month or two before the deadline is due to expire. I had to get a police check from the Australian police force and submit that with evidence that we are still together (mortgage, bank account and leccy bills etc etc), 2 short forms, 2 stat decs from family and a stat dec from myself and the other half. I think that was all and the decision was made pretty quickly.

All the best.

If you have re-visited your home country they are likely to require a fresh police check from there as well. :)
I agree though - much easier than the original application.