I am Melting

Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:02 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I am Melting

This proves my point when I said that it is NO POINT living in any place away from a river or sea in western australia. It is unbelievably hot here and can not think of going out. As new migrants here, I should say that Perth has not given us anything good for us to be happy with the decision we made. Very frustrating.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:46 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bru
This proves my point when I said that it is NO POINT living in any place away from a river or sea in western australia. It is unbelievably hot here and can not think of going out. As new migrants here, I should say that Perth has not given us anything good for us to be happy with the decision we made. Very frustrating.
I'm not near the river or sea bur, but then also not in WA. Seems to work for me.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Our car read 45 degrees yesterday

Not great when just less than three weeks to go before giving birth!! Thank heaven for airconditioning. Bugger the cost, it evens itself out over the year. I'd still rather have the heat than the cold (but that's just me).

Swimming pool going in next week - phew
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:11 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bru
If you don't like hot summers live in Victoria or Tassie, its only 16c degrees now where l live.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
word of advice for anyone contemplating western suburbs ---- get Air con we are melting, have the fans on FULL SPEED and still feel like its a sauna!! Plenty of fluids!! needed
33 degrees here but only 14% humidity so it's much more bearable than the coast
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

you should have been here last summer, it was much hotter ,i spent 2 days in and out of our roof space putting in insulation could only do 15mins up there then 40mins drinking water and cooling off. Before i put the insulation in i was getting a tan from the front room ceiling and the A/C works much better now best thing i've done to the house.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik04
you should have been here last summer, it was much hotter ,i spent 2 days in and out of our roof space putting in insulation could only do 15mins up there then 40mins drinking water and cooling off. Before i put the insulation in i was getting a tan from the front room ceiling and the A/C works much better now best thing i've done to the house.
You know, all these hints are tips are brilliant - it wasnt even something we had thought about for when we get over, insulating the loft, necessity of a pool, reverse air conditioning....tons of stuff going on our 'to look out for list' when we land later this yr.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:21 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
You know, all these hints are tips are brilliant - it wasnt even something we had thought about for when we get over, insulating the loft, necessity of a pool, reverse air conditioning....tons of stuff going on our 'to look out for list' when we land later this yr.
Be great to have you guys in Oz. Hope the count down is going smoothly for you.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:29 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to be sensible we only seem to use it when the sun goes down because thats the the humidity is the worse.

Originally Posted by Gjn200
You haven't had the leccy bill yet then
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:30 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's bloody freezing cold here
Ok so we've not had much in the way of snow YET
But knowing good old UK the horrible white stuff will make it's way over sometime next month and the month after when we are heading to Disney Paris

My mum bought me a thermal vest as a joke for Christmas well it's that cold i've been wearing it under another 2 layers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Telegramsam
3rd day running that we`ve had 40 + degrees in Perth, global warming with a vengance. Phew!
We're loving every second of it. This weather is the main reason we picked Perth and have absolutely no regrets it's everything we dreamed and more.
Tracie