Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I am leaving on Sunday for my new home.

I am leaving on Sunday for my new home.

Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

jbean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am leaving on Sunday for my new home.

I have finnaly got my beautiful excitingly lovley little visa in my sweaty antisipating hands. YIIIPPPI. I have just been aproved for my prospective marriage visa and I am from Canada so this info may not mean much to many of you but the info that I collected from this site ment sooo much to me and I thank you all greatly.
My time line is as follows for all the little Canadians taking a sneeky peek at a Brit site.
Oct 14 AHC recieved my app.
Dec 1 request for police clearence and other docs
Jan 28 recieved that request, AAAHHHH
Jan 29 applied for OZ police check
Mar 21 recieved police clearence and sent on to AHC same day
Mar 29 Recieved passport back with visa

I hope that you get a little help out of this. The biggest peice of advice I can give to anyone is don't trust Hotmail with important information. This set me back a couple of months. Thank you all for the best help that I could find anywhere on the internet. I think this site was the only thing that kept me sane for this long long wait apart from my beautiful fiance. Hopefully one little Canadian girl on here hasn't been to much of a nucance to you guys. Thank you thank you again.

Bean
Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:51 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 1:40 am
ABCDiamond

Congratulations, and what part are you moving too ?

And whats the story with Hotmail ?

Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Congratulations, and what part are you moving too ?

And whats the story with Hotmail ?

I am moving to Perth which seems to be quite popular among the expats on here. I have been before and I love it there. I am also really lucky to have relitives there whom I am really close to. About hotmail, I used my hotmail acount as a alternitive contact asuming that I would be recieving corispondence faster, which did really back fire. The request for a police clerance sent to me must have went straight to my junk mail and was deleted. I didn't end up getting the request until I phoned and asked about My status two months later. Suposedly AHC have probs. like this with hotmail all the time. Hopefully that helps.
Bean
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:46 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

congrats bean
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:23 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. There a few Canadians that pop on here so I am sure your post will be of great use. Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!! Enjoy the celebrations!

Re the hotmail thing - we have problems with i at work, people e-mail us from there, but rarely seem to get our replies, I guess they all end up in the junk mail bin.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:14 am
Mother Bear

Mother Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am leaving on Sunday for my new home.

Originally posted by jbean
I have finnaly got my beautiful excitingly lovley little visa in my sweaty antisipating hands. YIIIPPPI. I have just been aproved for my prospective marriage visa and I am from Canada so this info may not mean much to many of you but the info that I collected from this site ment sooo much to me and I thank you all greatly.
My time line is as follows for all the little Canadians taking a sneeky peek at a Brit site.
Oct 14 AHC recieved my app.
Dec 1 request for police clearence and other docs
Jan 28 recieved that request, AAAHHHH
Jan 29 applied for OZ police check
Mar 21 recieved police clearence and sent on to AHC same day
Mar 29 Recieved passport back with visa

I hope that you get a little help out of this. The biggest peice of advice I can give to anyone is don't trust Hotmail with important information. This set me back a couple of months. Thank you all for the best help that I could find anywhere on the internet. I think this site was the only thing that kept me sane for this long long wait apart from my beautiful fiance. Hopefully one little Canadian girl on here hasn't been to much of a nucance to you guys. Thank you thank you again.

Bean
Congratulations.....it sure is a great place.....
Mother Bear
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:54 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Congrats!!! Enjoy the celebrations!

Re the hotmail thing - we have problems with i at work, people e-mail us from there, but rarely seem to get our replies, I guess they all end up in the junk mail bin.
Yep hotmail is ^(&*^^*^%* &*^*)^%(*&^. Because they are targetted by every spammer their junk filters are a tad touchy.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanx all. I am really stoked to get started in this new adventure. Hopefully all is going well for everyone in OZ and speedy to the goal for those still waiting on the outskirts. Thanks again for the help and congradulations.
Bean