British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I am leaving on a jet plane.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/i-am-leaving-jet-plane-306074/)

BrAus May 31st 2005 3:06 pm

I am leaving on a jet plane....

Well my friends... the time has come!

First of all, congratulations to all of you that are part of such a nice forum!Although I am not a British expat, but a Brazilian expat-to-be, I can state that I always had my questions answered here with nothing but respect and honesty! Therefore, I wish to thank you all for the support and for sharing thoughts, doubts and bringing some light!

This is my last day at work (in Brazil). Air tickets are over the table, which is the small part of the furniture that couldn´t be sold yet...

I have now less than a couple of weeks for arranging final details, such as documents that our family should keep, packing everything etc.

Can you imagine how excited we are?

We are heading to Sydney on the 11th, and getting off the plane already on the 13th. Hence, there will be no Valentine's Day for me and my wife... (in Brazil, the 12th of June is when Valentine's Day is celebrated!). Never mind, once we are fulfilling a dream, and the first weeks will do as a 2nd honeymoon...

Thank you all and see you downunder. :beer:

Cheers,
BrAus

Carruss May 31st 2005 5:07 pm

Re: I am leaving on a jet plane....

Originally Posted by BrAus
Well my friends... the time has come!

First of all, congratulations to all of you that are part of such a nice forum!Although I am not a British expat, but a Brazilian expat-to-be, I can state that I always had my questions answered here with nothing but respect and honesty! Therefore, I wish to thank you all for the support and for sharing thoughts, doubts and bringing some light!

This is my last day at work (in Brazil). Air tickets are over the table, which is the small part of the furniture that couldn´t be sold yet...

I have now less than a couple of weeks for arranging final details, such as documents that our family should keep, packing everything etc.

Can you imagine how excited we are?

We are heading to Sydney on the 11th, and getting off the plane already on the 13th. Hence, there will be no Valentine's Day for me and my wife... (in Brazil, the 12th of June is when Valentine's Day is celebrated!). Never mind, once we are fulfilling a dream, and the first weeks will do as a 2nd honeymoon...

Thank you all and see you downunder. :beer:

Cheers,
BrAus

Wishing you all the very best for the future. ;)

R.

louise4 May 31st 2005 7:33 pm

Re: I am leaving on a jet plane....

Good luck and may the future hold loads of fun and excitement.

Louise