Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I am Dreaming of a white Christmas

I am Dreaming of a white Christmas

Old Dec 6th 2002, 12:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am Dreaming of a white Christmas

Wheres me beer money Victoria here I come , sod the drought where me Skis.

Snow falls in Victoria

Victorians may do more than dream of a white Christmas with snow falling at all of the state's ski resorts overnight.

The unseasonal weather has produced one of the coldest temperatures for the month of December at Mt Hotham.

Weather Bureau spokesman Michael Halfpenny said it was currently minus five at Mt Hotham and Mt Bulla and Falls Creek had got down to minus four.

"There appears to be some snow at all the resorts, it's certainly cold enough - it's minus four degrees at Falls Creek," he said.

Mr Halfpenny said the coldest temperature since an automatic temperature recording device was installed in 1990 had been gauged at Mt Hotham with minus five degrees.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 6th 2002 at 12:47 am.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default weather

To Right Mate,
i am sitting in Belmont Geelong with a few brass monkeys as company . Had to put the heating on ?????????

Melbourne area Craazzzy weather.

Have you sen the poor buggers trying to play golf at Huntingdale worse than last years open at Muirfield . Still rather be here than in the U.K.

Regards
Jamie
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:27 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

And here are we cooking at 35 degrees in Brisbane, oh what I would give for just one frosty morning!!!!!!!
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WEATHER

Thanks for that may have to consider a move.
Considering it was 37 on Monday what a weird state ??????

Regards
Jamie
Old Dec 6th 2002, 4:08 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WEATHER

Too right - am in windy Wandana Heights and I thought I was going to be blown down the hill yesterday.

Wait until it is 40 degrees for a couple of days with the hot north wind like we experienced on Monday though Jamie - you'll be glad for the change and the fact that its definitely going to be 20 degrees in a day or two. To me that makes the climate here so good - you know it'll be cooler soon, unlike Queensland where it's hot and humid for weeks on end.

Hope you're settling in well.

Originally posted by hibee
Thanks for that may have to consider a move.
Considering it was 37 on Monday what a weird state ??????

Regards
Jamie
Old Dec 6th 2002, 8:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: I am Dreaming of a white Christmas

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Snow falls in Victoria

Victorians may do more than dream of a white Christmas with snow falling at all of the state's ski resorts overnight.

The unseasonal weather has produced one of the coldest temperatures for the month of December at Mt Hotham.

Weather Bureau spokesman Michael Halfpenny said it was currently minus five at Mt Hotham and Mt Bulla and Falls Creek had got down to minus four.

"There appears to be some snow at all the resorts, it's certainly cold enough - it's minus four degrees at Falls Creek," he said.

Mr Halfpenny said the coldest temperature since an automatic temperature recording device was installed in 1990 had been gauged at Mt Hotham with minus five degrees.

Past couple of days in Brisbane - 28, and 29 (unless you're inland like Ipswich), I think it was 32 yesterday, today - around 28 , with lovely wind gusts... lovely weather! It's not that hot here., just nice and warm..I'm in Redcliffe, Brisbane.

It's very hard to imagine elsewhere in aus being cold though, when we in Brisbane are getting nice weather.

cheers
Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate

I got to say....I pray for fog, rain, drizzle, and snow....well not too hard, roll on the Sunshine State.

Chris.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are due a really cold Siberian Front this Weekend in S England today it was only 7c.
The wind chill factor will be about - 4 tomorrow and it may even snow - freezingly awful over here!!

Tina
Old Dec 6th 2002, 9:16 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
We are due a really cold Siberian Front this Weekend in S England today it was only 7c.
The wind chill factor will be about - 4 tomorrow and it may even snow - freezingly awful over here!!

Tina
Yes I think we all know its winter over there, here its summer in case you had no idea?
Old Dec 9th 2002, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I think that is the reason why most of us wish we were there.

Even colder here now negatives every day and it didn't even get light on Sat or Sun how depressing it was.

YES I KNOW IT IS WINTER - BUT I CAN STILL MOAN!!
Old Dec 9th 2002, 10:22 pm
Banned

Originally posted by tinaj
I think that is the reason why most of us wish we were there.

Even colder here now negatives every day and it didn't even get light on Sat or Sun how depressing it was.

YES I KNOW IT IS WINTER - BUT I CAN STILL MOAN!!

Have you read all the posts on here , people moan about weather even in the land of plenty ,by the way theres no long summer nights here and it gets dark early in the winter here as well , also can it rain.
Try Singapore 31 degs all the year round it never changes no seasons to speak of , good luck to you.
Old Dec 10th 2002, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, just goes to show that all the "mooning" could be bad for your health...

Pinpointing the seat of a hidden horror
Lauren Ahwan
10dec02
AUSTRALIAN researchers believe they have got to the bottom of skin cancer.

Studies at Adelaide's Flinders Medical Centre have found skin cells in the buttocks can determine risk of developing melanoma, the deadliest skin cancer.
Comparisons of people with melanoma and those with no skin cancer history found those with melanoma had a significant increase in mast cells in their buttocks.
Mast cells are large cells in the skin responsible for suppressing the immune system when they come into direct contact with sunlight.
Principal researcher Prue Hart said the study focused on buttocks as an area not often exposed to the sun or other environmental factors.
"In some instances, skin cancers just get removed and destroyed by the immune system. But if people have more of these mast cells, they are more immune-suppressed and therefore the skin cancer is allowed to grow," Associate Professor Hart said.
"The big unknown now is why do (some) people have more (mast cells) than others.
"It must be genetic. The research showed there was no difference in susceptibility to melanoma between people with different hair colours or skin types."
The findings showed a gap in the sunscreen market.
"At the moment, sunscreens protect against sunburn; they're not made to protect the immune system," Professor Hart said.
Old Dec 10th 2002, 2:28 am
Banned

Originally posted by madmancunian
PB, just goes to show that all the "mooning" could be bad for your health...

Pinpointing the seat of a hidden horror
Lauren Ahwan
10dec02
AUSTRALIAN researchers believe they have got to the bottom of skin cancer.

Well spot there it is the ARSE END OF THE WORLD very important findings , hope you are not to interested in this subject of bottoms? speaking to guys from Liverpool they are not over nice about your sex lifes in Manchester so I would not shout to loud about this bum cancer.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 10th 2002 at 2:32 am.
Old Dec 10th 2002, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: I am Dreaming of a white Christmas

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Snow falls in Victoria

There appears to be some snow at all the resorts, it's certainly cold enough - it's minus four degrees at Falls Creek," he said.

"Dont be Bloody Daft" I can get -5 in my back yard LOL"
Old Dec 10th 2002, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice try "fishing" PB.

But the only thing you'll catch is sunburn.

Keep eating those bananas mate, apparently they improve the IQ level athough it may be futile in your case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.