Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i am crap with money...

i am crap with money...

Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:06 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default i am crap with money...

whats the best way to get my brummie bum over to perth as quick as poss...
i am worried about changing my cash at the moment with the bad exchange rate...

any idea's?

should i leave it in a high interest account here and draw of a couple of grand here and there?

would be glad of any ideas..

thanks ...

aston
Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:17 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i am crap with money...

Originally Posted by aston man

any idea's?

should i leave it in a high interest account here and draw of a couple of grand here and there?

thanks ...

aston
the last thing i need is more stress - so i am making it easy for myself and when i move i will move my money too.
i am going to avoid looking at exchange rates if i possibly can and i am going to adopt the approach that it isnt going to make a huge difference anyway.

Of course this depends on how much money you are talking about!
if i was taking millions i might be more worried about losses and gains
do a comparison with the lowest you are likely to get against the highest and see if the difference is enough to worry about!

Tiggs
Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:20 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

any idea's?

thanks ...

aston
Give it all to me I will look after it for ya!
Wait for the good exchange rate and transfer it accross! Always tricky getting it right but you have to bite the bullet sooner or later hun x
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:06 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

any idea's?

thanks ...

aston

Don't forget any gains you make in interest or exchange rate are taxable once you are an Australian tax resident. Banks pay much better interest rates here to the UK, minus the tax of course.
Just more questions sorry no answers.

Kev
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl
Don't forget any gains you make in interest or exchange rate are taxable once you are an Australian tax resident. Banks pay much better interest rates here to the UK, minus the tax of course.
Just more questions sorry no answers.

Kev
Yep, agree with what Kev has said. We put all our money into a Bankwest savings account and got some good interest.

TBH exchange rates are up and down all the time, who's to say it's going to improve in the short term? When we came it was way down, I think even less than $2.30 to the £1 but way we looked at it was we had some money in our pocket which gave us a leg up when we got here.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:29 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

any idea's?

thanks ...

aston
I've been looking into a Bankwest internet account over here and the rate is 6.80%.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:11 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

any idea's?

thanks ...

aston
Exchange it now to take with you, if you have a large amount banks do not tend to xfer for you w/o a signature and that will be very difficult in oz, you have still made on exchange rate regardless!

I can recommend ozforex used them last week and going to use again in next few days

Paula
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:09 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

should i put it on red,,or,,,black