Reload this Page >

i am 46 am i too old for ozz

i am 46 am i too old for ozz

Old Apr 11th 2003, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

regorx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i am 46 am i too old for ozz

i am a 46 year old engineer married with 2 kids 11/8 age
me and the managerment ie wife were thinking hard to get out of uk.. looking at a lot of web sites it says you must be under 45

is that true or is there a way around this ????

cheers......
Old Apr 11th 2003, 5:13 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: i am 46 am i too old for ozz

Originally posted by regorx
me and the managerment ie wife were thinking hard to get out of uk.. looking at a lot of web sites it says you must be under 45

cheers......
You have to score so many points for a PR visa, I think it's 115 now for OZ.
So many points are awarded for skilled occupation which you have to be still working in at least for the last 3 years.

Points are also awarded for other criteria including AGE.

It is, I think, maximum points for 18 - 25 years old, then it goes down on points untill 55, again, I think!

I am going to NZ and can only give a rough guide, there are hundreds on here that are off to OZ, can't believe no-one has answered your question properly yet!!
There are websites out there for this info, type in "Australian immigration" on your search engine page & this should direct you to some site that will answer your question.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry regorx, but if memory serves me right the rules are that you have to be under 45 when the application is lodged.

Perhaps one of the migration agents who contribute to this site will be able to come up with a solution.

Sindy
Old Apr 11th 2003, 5:24 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sindy
Sorry regorx, but if memory serves me right the rules are that you have to be under 45 when the application is lodged.

Perhaps one of the migration agents who contribute to this site will be able to come up with a solution.

Sindy
I thought it depended on the class of visa, but for skilled independant I believe 45 is the upper limit. How about a business visa, or a relative who can sponsor you?
Old Apr 11th 2003, 5:35 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers......

Check out the web site http://www.immi.gov.au/ It will give you all the official info you require.
Also if your wife is younger than 45 and works in a job on the "SOL" list you could apply with her as the "main applicant"when you've read the above web site all will become clearer.
Sean
Old Apr 11th 2003, 5:58 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default To old at 45 years

From yafm"s significant other Yes is the answer yafm returned from Oz from a holiday without me, she said its great lets emigrate. Sorry to old at 50 years 45 being the cut off point at that time but check the sites recomended, sponsors buying points etc my get you in.Wait till your 55 and apply for a retirement visa? only 10 years to go.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

katchka is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that you should explore the idea of your wife being the main applicant.. it's not over till it's over
Old Apr 11th 2003, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

ann t is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Yes for any Skilled visa you have to be 45 or under, I am 49 and have a lot of family in Aus including my parents - everyone has always said we would have no trouble getting in with all the family living there, ha ha. Anyway don't despair check out the Aus gov site for info. If your spouse is 45 or under you might find a way to apply. We are applying for Skilled Australian Sponsored as my husband is under 45 (he's just turned 44) A word of warning though check this site before you consider any migration agent some can be a bit of a rip off. Good Luck
Old Apr 11th 2003, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

regorx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 46 ozz

thank you everone for all your help ..regorx
Old Apr 12th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

regorx,

I too am past my self-by date and thought the only option open to me was to wait until I was 55 and then go for a retirement visa. That was until I had a chat with a migration agent who said there was another way . . .

As the eligilbility criteria are forever changing and everyone's circumstances are different I stongly advise you to speak to an agent who will be able to tell you what your chances currently are.

Good luck!

Alan
Old Apr 12th 2003, 10:40 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an expert on NZ migration, but I believe NZ accepts skilled migrants aged 54 and under - for Australia you must be aged 44 or under when lodging a general skilled visa application.

Best regards.

cheers......
Old Apr 12th 2003, 9:02 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

you not too old for NZ and less scarey and poisonous things live there.Dont quote me but isnt it easier to go to Australia once you got your visa for NZ