Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HWO TO ARRANGE TO TAKE MEDICAL RCORDS

HWO TO ARRANGE TO TAKE MEDICAL RCORDS

Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice
Default HWO TO ARRANGE TO TAKE MEDICAL RCORDS

Hi all, do you know if we have to arrange to have our medical records sent to australia? If so, how do we do this? Do you have to have a doctor in australia first when you get there and then get them sent?
thanks
Sharon
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HWO TO ARRANGE TO TAKE MEDICAL RCORDS

hi sharon
i spoke to my gp last week regarding this and was told that we can't have the originals but have photocopies done at a fee.roughly £10 kids & £50 adults depends on size of your files.Wasn't impressed so phoned health authority who said that it was right.Hope this helps a bit.

anne marie xx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

so do you think we should arrange this before we go over? Do you not need a doctor to send the file to or is it just taking the photocopies with you.

My file and my daughters is quite big as my daughter has had a few operations and I have chrones disease,

thanks
Sharon
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sharonmcallister
so do you think we should arrange this before we go over? Do you not need a doctor to send the file to or is it just taking the photocopies with you.

My file and my daughters is quite big as my daughter has had a few operations and I have chrones disease,

thanks
Sharon
I believe in Oz you don't have a GP in the same way and people keep their own medical records and can taken them with them to see the doctor (you can see any doctor)