Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Husbands going on Sunday

Husbands going on Sunday

Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

jules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to all
Default Re: Husbands going on Sunday

My husband arrived in Perth on Monday and staying with relatives in Greenwood, which e says is a lovely place. When immigration saw his PR visa they wished him the best of luck for his new life in Aus which was nice, and the people in the internet cafe gave him a discount when they found out he was a new immigrant.

He's been quite busy and has registered with the teaching council so can now teach in any private school in WA. He's starting some relief work in a school next week. Managing ok here on my own, friends have been really helpful.Still haven't exchanged on the house yet, but I booked our air tickets for 3rd September as the fares were getting more expensive by the day.

Jules
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:44 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules
My husband arrived in Perth on Monday and staying with relatives in Greenwood, which e says is a lovely place. When immigration saw his PR visa they wished him the best of luck for his new life in Aus which was nice, and the people in the internet cafe gave him a discount when they found out he was a new immigrant.

He's been quite busy and has registered with the teaching council so can now teach in any private school in WA. He's starting some relief work in a school next week. Managing ok here on my own, friends have been really helpful.Still haven't exchanged on the house yet, but I booked our air tickets for 3rd September as the fares were getting more expensive by the day.

Jules
Hi Jules. Keep positive! Just think, you will be living it up in sunny Oz before you know it. I can recall crying down the phone to my solicitor that 'I just want to be with my husband'! Its hard to deal with all the house sale issues with a partner let alone on your own but be strong, you'll get there. I blimmin did. Before my huuby went to Oz he would deal with everything so it was a bit of a shock to the system for me to have to deal with solicitors, council and send out endless letters and make endless phonecalls to notify people of new address. NTL didn't help either, they cut me off by mistake and then after making me wait 6 days before reconnecting charged me the reconnection fee. Needless to say after speaking to them the charge was dropped. It must be hard for you though as you have 5 kids! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by meelie
Hi Jules. Keep positive! Just think, you will be living it up in sunny Oz before you know it. I can recall crying down the phone to my solicitor that 'I just want to be with my husband'! Its hard to deal with all the house sale issues with a partner let alone on your own but be strong, you'll get there. I blimmin did. Before my huuby went to Oz he would deal with everything so it was a bit of a shock to the system for me to have to deal with solicitors, council and send out endless letters and make endless phonecalls to notify people of new address. NTL didn't help either, they cut me off by mistake and then after making me wait 6 days before reconnecting charged me the reconnection fee. Needless to say after speaking to them the charge was dropped. It must be hard for you though as you have 5 kids! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Why so many kids....you not got a telly???
Only joking...best of luck and the time wil go quickly and when you get there it will be worthwhile.
Keep Smiling