Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Husbands going on Sunday

Husbands going on Sunday

Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

jules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to all
Default Husbands going on Sunday

Feeling a bit sad, hubby is leaving for Perth on Sunday, i've got to stay here with the children until the house is sorted.(the exchange date keeps being put back and the buyers have now gone on holiday for a month!!) Anyway my husband is running around packing, going out for leaving drinks with friends and looking forward to getting to Perth and all I'm doing is snapping at him, because he's starting our new life without us. I'm being unreasonable but all I can see ahead is endless hard work of sorting out the house, looking after 5 children and a long flight by myself with the kids ( can't even book the tickets until we know the exchange date)

Sorry to whinge am going to try and snap out of it

Jules
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:07 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husbands going on Sunday

Originally Posted by jules
Feeling a bit sad, hubby is leaving for Perth on Sunday, i've got to stay here with the children until the house is sorted.(the exchange date keeps being put back and the buyers have now gone on holiday for a month!!) Anyway my husband is running around packing, going out for leaving drinks with friends and looking forward to getting to Perth and all I'm doing is snapping at him, because he's starting our new life without us. I'm being unreasonable but all I can see ahead is endless hard work of sorting out the house, looking after 5 children and a long flight by myself with the kids ( can't even book the tickets until we know the exchange date)

Jules
Jules,

I think I'd be the same if I were in your shoes - I'd be really upset if Dave had to go out to Sydney ahead of me. After all the palava of the application process, and the ups and downs of it all, this is finally the start of your new lives, the realisation of your dream - I think it's horrible to not be there to share it together.

I hope you get the house sorted out very soon.

Nicky
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Jules
its OK honey we can all understand your frustration and anger at the buyers don't worry it wont be long till you are in Aus
Vicki & Billy
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:28 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Husbands going on Sunday

Jules
Jules be aware. Keep a watch on your husband somehome. Australian ladies and girls are very preety and beautiful

Poor boy is trying to ramp up and getting things done for you and the family by facing alone. Good Luck to him. Its difficult to leave someone to take challenges esp. when you are other half.
And hey You will get over it. I can say is to prepare a To-Do list and mark it against dates. What all imp. task even very un-imp task put it on paper and put dates across as per the priority. Scarch those which are done. Looking at finished task will give you enormous confidence.
Dont forget to Wish him Good Luck with CHEERFUL face. Its the best job hes doing
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:36 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Oh Jules, don't apologise for moaning. You have every right to feel frustrated but it won't be long and you can soon be together again and hopefully hubby will have done loads of the sorting out at that end ie bank accounts, housing etc.

Good luck

Anne x
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Jules
Sorry to hear your difficulties...bloody buyers they just think its ok to play around with your life it does my head in!! Hopefully soon this will all seem a distant memory and we will be posting from the other side.

I think that you are incredibily brave to tie up the loose ends and to take 5 children with you on the flight. Maybe you will have to ask your gp to px you with some hypnotics either for the kids or you haha!

Anyway take care and feel free to rant on here thats what we are here for ! Sending you some karma x
Irene
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

jules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Jules be aware. Keep a watch on your husband somehome. Australian ladies and girls are very preety and beautiful

Poor boy is trying to ramp up and getting things done for you and the family by facing alone. Good Luck to him. Its difficult to leave someone to take challenges esp. when you are other half.
And hey You will get over it. I can say is to prepare a To-Do list and mark it against dates. What all imp. task even very un-imp task put it on paper and put dates across as per the priority. Scarch those which are done. Looking at finished task will give you enormous confidence.
Dont forget to Wish him Good Luck with CHEERFUL face. Its the best job hes doing
I know it's for the best, but still find it hard. I will see him off at Heathrow on Sunday and try not to cry, we've only spent a few nights apart since we've been married.
Have already started a to do list, so have plenty to keep me busy

Jules
Old Aug 5th 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

tonyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Jules
Hi jules,were just in the process of the same thing ive just had a email from my company they want me over to sydney in the next couple of weeks there very bissy,so ive spoken to my wife and she was not really happy about it, but i think it will be for the best i can sort out everything out before she arrives,we to have been messed around with the house sale,they exhanged there morgage company again so it has put plans back again,so my wife and 3 kids have to stay at home untill its complete,ive just handed my notice in today at work,went ok so dont worry were in the same boat,we could meet up overthere if you fancy it.tonyy
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Jules
Have already done 1 trip on my own, 5 weeks after our family holiday, unless things start to move on the house front it maybe that I have to go back on my own again to start the business off.....it sucks....but what can you do?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:20 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Smile Re: Husbands going on Sunday

I know it's for the best, but still find it hard. I will see him off at Heathrow on Sunday and try not to cry, we've only spent a few nights apart since we've been married.
Have already started a to do list, so have plenty to keep me busy

Jules
Good that you prepared todo list. I am sure that you should keep you busy for a while. Atleast to keep off your mind from thinking again and again of him

Well, it difficult to see someone very close, going apart (for sometime), but yes YOU WILL GET OVER IT soon. Think of that day when you will be both together again and you will be feel blessed that it was all worth.
I heard someone saying its a TEST for LOVE when he is not near to see how much you love him
Wish him good luck with face.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Jules
How brave you are, but just think everything will be ready for you when you get here, and with 5 kids you will need that. We came over with 3 kids and 5 suitcases and 5 tchest we did not even have a t spoon, moved into house on 21 dec, not one xmas present, and i had a chest infection. But by xmas eve we had tree up, my 3 older kids came over for xmas so they looked after little ones while we did shopping, coming over at xmas with kids not recommended, too stressful. We has barby on beach xmas day, dont worry just take everyday as it comes and be very nice to hubby before he comes out, remember he is doing it for his family. Good luck [ we are 2 hours south Perth]
Old Aug 6th 2005, 6:58 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

It`s really horrible having to say good bye (I hate when my sailor hubby goes off) but hopefully it won`t be long before you`re back together starting your new life. As for being worried about all the stuff you`ll have to cope with on your own - I think you`ll suprise yourself at how well you`ll manage (plus it`ll keep your mind off missing hubby).
On the bright side you`ll have the tv remote all to yourself and won`t have to run round tidying up after him - and you`ll not have to share your bottles of wine or choccy biccy`s
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:11 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Jules
I can empathise with you cos my hubby got to Brisbane on 1st April leaving me behind to deal with the sale of our bungalow and my daughter had to take her GCSE's so she stayed with me too. It was stressful going through it alone but I got there and arrived in Brisbane on 1st July so we were 3 months apart. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone and wish you good luck with your plans.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your kind replies. He's gone now, will be in the air at 6.30. He had to pay 255 pounds for excess baggage but everything else ok. The kids have been great, our 14yr old son told me to wake him in the mornings so he can help me with the twins breakfast - I was so proud of him because he loves his sleep!!

Jules
Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:29 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your kind replies. He's gone now, will be in the air at 6.30. He had to pay 255 pounds for excess baggage but everything else ok. The kids have been great, our 14yr old son told me to wake him in the mornings so he can help me with the twins breakfast - I was so proud of him because he loves his sleep!!

Jules
Bless!! I'm sure you'll cope just fine, Jules. It's not a nice prospect being on your own. We were going to be in that situation, but with our house not even sold it would have complicated everything far too much so we decided to chance it and all go together.

I expect the time will fly by and before you know it you'll all be on your way. Then you'll have to learn how to live together again! You get used to coping on your own, and you'll find he gets under your feet when you get to Oz!

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.